Blackpook Deadsticks @EGNH 022100ZFEB20

Training server - Time 2020-02-02T21:00:00Z 👍
Let’s see who can nail a deadstick landing from 10,000ft on the downwind leg. Take off from either Liverpool or Manchester and hold at the red star fix shown on the map until cleared by air traffic. Enter down wind at 10,000 on red route for runway 10 or green route for 28 then cut your engines at the black fix shown and best glide to the threshold being careful not exceed 250kts.
Air traffic will issue a cleared to land message when you are at 10000ft and mid downwind as the sign to cut engines and start.

See you there!

1 Like

Hello! There are a few minor issues with the topic title. I’ll keep this up but I would love it if you could correct them! You can find the structure below:

4 Likes

Hi Misha updated 👍

2 Likes

Hey there!
Perhaps you could include the server this will take place on, insert the time that automatically converts to peoples timezones, and a little more info to make this event a little more better. :)

2 Likes

Ah, server was on my first draft but vanished. How do I do time link?

1 Like

There’s a little calendar icon on the top row above the text box.

2 Likes

Click on this button and just insert the time!

2 Likes

I would love to come. If you wouldn’t mind, either PM me or tag me on the day of the event so I don’t forget.

Thanks

Merka

2 Likes

Yeah sure, iv added a bit more detail also with how i think it will pan out

1 Like

We choose the aircraft? Any suggestions on one’s that are easy to deadstick land?

1 Like

Turn up in anything, in a 737 or 320 I’d establish a good glide angle then drop the gear in the last mile as the increased drag turns most jets into a gliding brick

1 Like

What is the name of the fix?

1 Like

On the training server now at EGNH 👍

1 Like

I was aiming for 30 min from now. I can start now from egcc if that’s ok. Or did I miss it?

1 Like

It’s dark. I’m setting the clock to noon!

1 Like

Is it over? No ones in sight.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.