Black Cessna 172 Livery (EI-GRX)

Black Cessna 172 (EI-GRX)

*Photo taken by me in 2020

Introduction

Hello everyone! I am here today with a request of a unique C172 livery that I would like added to Infinite Flight. Here we have EI-GRX in its full black out livery based in Waterford Airport (EIWF) I would appreciate your support and feedback about this livery being added to IF. In this post I will give some information about the aircraft itself and why I would like this livery implemented. Without further ado let’s get into it!

About this Livery

EI-GRX formerly G-MRPT was was delivered to Waterford Aero Club in late 2019 from Leeds, England and is currently owned by the Aero Club for hour building and experience flights. It began its life in an Irish registration in February 2020 when it was repainted into the new registration.

Some routes flown in real life by this aircraft

• EIWF-EICK (and return)
  • EIWF-EISG (and return)
  • EIWF-EINN (and return)
  • EIWF-EIWT (and return)

Why I would like this livery in Infinite Flight

Here are a few reasons on why I would like this livery showcased in Infinite Flight.

• After flying this aircraft in 2020 I can say it was a real standout livery from the rest of the plain and bland liveries (one stripe etc.) that were present on the airfield at the time (picture doesn’t do justice but it looks so much better in person ;)
  • This particular paint scheme is unique and in my opinion will standout amongst the rest of the C172 fleet currently offered in IF
  • We do not yet have an Irish regged GA aircraft in the sim and with GA being so popular in Ireland it would be a welcoming addition to the C172 fleet
  • There is a wide range of routes that this particular aircraft flies in the real world but this livery obviously can be flown anywhere in the sim!

I hope this topic interests you in getting this particular paint scheme added. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Definitely voting for this livery, has flown over my house a good few times and an all black 172 is really rare and interesting

2 Likes

Thanks! I agree, this is a really unique livery and will stand out if added to the IF fleet ✈

3 Likes

More Cessna 172 liveries should be added and this one is one of them

4 Likes

100%! Would appreciate if you had a spare vote! Thanks for the support

1 Like

100% let’s get voting

2 Likes

Flew one of the few routes that GRX flies in the real world by student pilots tonight from Sligo to Waterford. Flight time was 1hr 23mins. Such a shame that I can’t do it in the amazing black livery but more votes will make this close to a reality!

2 Likes

That Cessna probably gets baked on the outside because of all the sunlight and heat it attracts

1 Like

Not so much in Irish weather 😁

1 Like

As I fly a few patterns in EIWF with an imaginary EI-GRX, here we have the real life GRX currently flying. I would really like this unique paint scheme to be introduced into IF as it is really underrated in my opinion ✈

1 Like

It’d be so cool to have more flight school livery’s aswell, like Embry Riddle, AFTA (Atlantic Flight Training Academy) based in EICK, but also EIWT would be super cool to have.

3 Likes

I agree! This particular aircraft would be my number one choice tho 😁

3 Likes

Yes my man. 100% agree

2 Likes

Well fingers crossed and @AviatorJack dream will come true. This livery is stunning.

Ah ha I was thinking of making a thread for AFTA livery’s out of EICK. I would make AFTA dream in IF a reality same as @AviatorJack with EI-GRX.

1 Like

Weirdly GFSA is the aircraft I flew down in AFTA on my first flight

2 Likes

And EI-OOR was my second flight😂

1 Like

The last time I flew at AFTA it was on EIEAZ. Back to topic great feature request @AviatorJack i will certainly vote. Really cool livery to be honest

4 Likes

Thanks Gary, every little vote helps ✈

3 Likes

Well would you be happy if it came to IF

1 Like