Birthday Spotting in Atlanta (KATL) - Part 1!

Well, it’s time for another Atlanta spotting topic! For my birthday I dragged my whole family to the Hartsfield Jackson Airport for 6 hours. Let’s just say spotting with your friends and fellow avgeeks is way more enjoyable than hearing, wait, how does a plane really fly, every ten seconds, or a gasp when the 747 lands and smoke puffs from the tires. Anyways, let’s get on with it!

New Mexico One!
This is now the 3rd Special livery I’ve seen for them up close, and the second I’ve got to photograph. Seen departing for Nashville.

Steve the Eagle, Frontier A321!
Seen here right after it landed from Orlando, getting ready to head back out to Orlando.

United E175
Seen here arriving from Chicago. A little bitter sweet, was supposed to be the new livery but got a plane change last second. Was super hyped and I’m a little sad ngl.
WestJet 737-8 - 100th 737 NG
This was pretty cool to see. Saw it once from far away but it was too hard to read the text.
Delta SkyTeam 737
Seen here arriving from Newark. Glad I finally got a decent photo of the SkyTeam!
JetBlue A320
Seen here arriving from New York. May be flying to New York for Spring Break with JetBlue next year!

The Magic Schoolbus
Seen here arriving from Baltimore, Mrs. Frizzle made a bit of a shaky approach. No average field trip, that’s for sure!

Thanks for looking at my photos! All taken from the restaurant at the Renaissance Hotel and the Porsche Center Parking Lot! Part 2 Coming Soon!

36 Likes

“What do you want for your birthday, Jackson?”

“Just take me to Hartsfield. I wanna snap some photos of some planes.”

“…”

Nice shots! A bit dark but good nonetheless :)

5 Likes

Nice pictures! Lol I know how you feel with the “ how does a plane fly again? Wait, is that a Boeing 747… proceeds to explain that every aircraft isn’t a 747.

1 Like

Lol that’s actually pretty close to what happened.

Parents: Geez Jackson, your getting so old! What do you want to do this year?
Me: I wanna go planespotting all day
Parents: Of Course

5 Likes

Lol. Yes we had 737’s called 747’s by my sister

4 Likes

Also I’m gonna brighten them all up for JetPhotos. I’m only uploading the good ones

2 Likes

Yup. Family fun for everyone.

That damn fence had to get in the way for some of the photos but they are very well done. That’s nice you went planespotting on your b-day!

2 Likes

I flew on that same JetBlue A320 in April from Tampa.

Otherwise, nice pictures!

2 Likes

Nice pictures! The United Express E175 new livery was actually just here at Embry-Riddle a week or so ago…it is a really nice looking airplane.

1 Like

I saw. Got super jealous! Want to be at that school. Your very lucky. Hopefully it comes here soon

1 Like

These are awesome!

The best is the Delta B737. Keep it up!

1 Like

Thanks! I agree I think that one is best

2 Likes

Looks good man, hope you had an amazing birthday :)

1 Like

Looks like a great birthday!

1 Like

@Infinite_Qantas @snoman thanks, and it’s today btw. Just celebrating it yesterday since I’m in school today

2 Likes

Okay, hope you had a good time

1 Like

Love the last one of Spirit that is one of my favorite liveries.

1 Like

You can’t upload backlit photos to JetPhotos, it’s just a rule they have.

Nice shots nonetheless, I especially agree with this statement:

Spotting isn’t about what planes you see, it’s about the people you see them with. Who you spot with really makes or breaks the experience.

2 Likes

Wow really nice shots Jackson!

1 Like

Nice shots! Happy birthday btw!

1 Like