Birthday livery

I know it may seem a bit silly, but I think there should be a made-up livery on Infinite Flight that has happy birthday or cake or something, that you can only use when it is your birthday! Similar to the cake symbol on IFC. Vote if you think it’s a good idea!

SkyPilot15

Loophole: I can change my birthday everyday so I can fly the birthday livery everyday.

40 Likes

How would they know our birthday though. Some people would not be honest and just put it whenever. Also, you don’t have a photo, or any details as to what this would look like or what aircraft this would go on

5 Likes

I like your idea.

Problem:

There are well over 20000 pilots flying in IF these days, and if those liveries can only be enabled on one’s birthday, then the staff would have to find birthdays of every IF pilot, which if you think about is probably a pain in the butt.

This is assuming that this feature cannot be abused.

5 Likes

What if it’s locked until it is your birthday. It can be optional for people that don’t want to enter their birthday?

1 Like

Unless you just have the option (in an update) to enter your birthday and that’s it

3 Likes

This needs to be taken into consideration too.

2 Likes

I don’t think there is any way for the developers to add this. It would require a livery that would need to be made and locked on everyone’s account unless it is your birthday, which I don’t think is even possible to lock a livery. There are thousands of users on Infinite Flight so it would be nearly impossible to keep track of everyone’s birthday and people could lie about their birthday just to fly the livery. I don’t think this is physically possible for this to happen

2 Likes
1 Like

I do see your point though :)

1 Like

I just don’t see how this would benefit my experience of flying. It would be better if there was a little birthday cake symbol similar to the one on the forum next to your display name. A livery goes a little far in my opinion for this and would be unnecessary. Nice request though!

5 Likes

I like the idea, I think it could work if they hooked it up so you got their birthday from their Apple ID.

1 Like

I really like the idea, but I want to know what it would look like first. Maybe sketch it out with the airline maker thing (forgot what is was called) that many people use on the forum. If you search it you will probably figure out what I mean.

Some people don’t like inputting their birthday. Some people don’t like others knowing how old they are. Infinite Flight would have troubles keeping the data ok and it would be mayhem to keep all our data encrypted

1 Like

I like the idea…but it would be almost impossible for the devs to implement something like this.

1 Like

I think we’re better off just using the infinite flight livery and pretending like its a birthday livery 🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

I don’t see any reason why users need a Birthday livery. If it’s a users birthday, they can just change their callsign. While this is more than likely not going to become reality, for several obvious reasons, I wouldn’t mind designing a Birthday Livery for Infinite Flight.

People don’t be honest and fly whenever they want not a good idea! 😉😉

Thing is, there’s no way to link your account in the IF app to the IFC, so developers would have to go through every username in the IF database and link it to the IFC username, and since all the developers do stuff in house and don’t contract companies it would take a very long time, meaning that upcoming updates and aircraft would be pushed to one side.

1 Like

I personally dont think this should be added, When it’s my birthday I will simply put my callsign is BIRTHDAY and fly the route LHR-WAW in LOT’s Boeing 737-800.
When it’s your birthday maybe fly your favourite flight? And put your callsign as BIRTHDAY? Those are my two pence :)