Bird Strike

Sorry if this is a duplicate but I did search for it.

I was wondering if adding bird strikes would be a good idea like it would make a better aspect to flying if you were hit it would shut your enjin off or something or slow you down a lot meybe break the landing gear if on takeoff or something replay what you think.

5 Likes

that would be great but it would be hard to do as many people may keep getting birdstrikes, maybe just the ability to turn off engines will be better as you could pretend you had a birdstrike and switch them off accordingly

1 Like

Yes or there could be a button to stop birdstrikes or something

3 Likes

I think it’s important to remember that Infinite Flight is a simulator, not a game. I think that having engine failures would cause chaos for controllers, as people would most likely go crazy with them. Infinite Flight is not a game, and should be about realism.

5 Likes

It would be hard to add birds… Its the same if you would add humans. There is a 1% chance they might add bird strikes.

2 Likes

No, I didn’t want bird strike, I’m sorry.

Save this kind stuff for a future pc version.

Seriously guys? Think about X-Plane. They don’t have ACTUAL birds that fly into the engines, but it simulates what would happen. However, bird strikes shouldn’t be chosen by the people for it to happen. I think if this were a thing, it should happen randomly.[quote=“Nicholas_L, post:4, topic:43664”]
I think it’s important to remember that Infinite Flight is a simulator, not a game.
[/quote]

Yeah, bird strikes would simulate what would happen if your aircraft were to get struck by birds. It’s happened in real life, so why not add it in?[quote=“Nicholas_L, post:4, topic:43664”]
I think that having engine failures would cause chaos for controllers
[/quote]

How would it cause chaos? It’s simple. Add in a “Mayday” message that you can send to ATC if the event happens. If you can still fly your plane, you can still probably land safely. I don’t see the difference…

3 Likes

I think that needs a whole different topic of its own :) most people are just gonna say “everyone on PG is just gonna fake bird strike and call Mayday for no reason”

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure there is a request for that already. And the “Mayday” message should only show up if there’s been a detected problem with your aircraft. :)

2 Likes

That was what I was thinking too! High 5! 🙌

I would foresee bird strikes coming after engine on/off or never at all.

2 Likes

Exactly - everyone would want to do this. Controllers would then have to expedite their arrival, and move other traffic out of the way. If this only happened once in a while, it would definitely be fine, but you and I both know that people would go crazy with the failures. I just don’t see the point.

2 Likes

Which would remove the problem of people wanting to do it. It should happen at random. Plus, this would test the skills of controllers, and add a little more excitement! :)

1 Like

Good point. However, I think that it should only be allowed at Class C airports and below, as Class B controllers already have a lot to deal with.

2 Likes

Mayday Mayday, NickChan flew into my engine upside down! 😂

classical

5 Likes

Surprisingly a duplicate, beaten by the famous NickChan.

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/birds/19266?u=the_simulation_nerd

2 Likes

Nickchan will love this…
http://community.infiniteflight.com/t/birds/19266?u=grxninesix

1 Like

Infinite flight, birds are flight, and anything is infinite with flight!

• NickChan logic
3 Likes

This is a NickChan idea isn’t it?

3 Likes

Definitely is!

1 Like