BF109 or the Spitfire?

So uuuuhh ye what’s

List item

the best

1 Like

The Spitfire. Better overall performance. It was heavily outnumbered in the Battle of Britain and still won. That being said, I would say this belongs in #real-world-aviation

1 Like

As a War Thunder player, I know that the BF 109 and Spitfire were two separate types of fighters, the 109 being an energy fighter and the Spitfire being a turn fighter. Both methods of attack being different, I think it depends on the position of each aircraft, and mainly the pilots decisions as to how to execute their attack or defense if being targeted.

1 Like

True. The Spitfire was originally designed by Supermarine to be a racer, so it was unmatched in speed until the 262

1 Like

The spit was slower in a turn so the 109 can swoop in and get a kill in my easy mind

I play WoD. And it depends on what mark the spitfire is. So like a Spit Mark VC is better then a 109 but a mark II is not. Same thing with the 109.

Don’t get me started on the p-40 vs a zero

I also did my call ign was CarlVonBaron I had a B25 a few premium planes but As I changed my phone to cope with IF I lost my acount sadly I got a refund for the purchases of gold but that was the end the new update of stalingrad was kinda long awaited and now boring

Na if the Zero gets a good dive on the 40 cannons kill mad hard

1 Like

Rip. I kind of stopped playing cause I got bored. I got the game when it came out and went on a gold spending spree so I really can’t work for a new plane.

Me too good and sad times

1 Like

Not to start this conversation, but I’m sure a Zero would out class a P-40. The plane is way more manuverable and out guns it as well.

1 Like

The p40 will out turn but the zero will out climb and out dive

1 Like

Wait a P40 can OUT TURN a Zero!? Huh. Strange I never knew that

1 Like

Alright well I gtg from this conversation even though this is the only thing I’m familiar with in the forum 😂

1 Like

In looks alone id say that the 109 is the better looking plane imo.
In combat i would give my vote to the 109 aswell, because if a pilot of a 109 really knows his plane and how it works it will always win in a dogfight.
The 109 is the faster plane…and in combat speed and altitude is key…more kinetic energy=more altitude…spitfire is a slower climber aswell meaning 109 can climb faster…the 109 having the altitude advantege can keep boom and zooming the spitfire while always converting the kinetic energy from the dive into potential altitude(altitude) again. And the spitfire cant do anytho g really but run home.

I say we get some more WW2 planes. Nazi and Japan as well as the US and Britain. This would be so cool. Flying around in a Messersmitt 262’s, American P51 and B29’s, Japanese Zero’s, and British Spitfires. In my opinion, this is a greatly needed aspect of infinite flight.

I play WoWS, and I play with US Aircraft Carriers a lot. I would say the Spitfure performed better than the Japanese counterpart. Though, they fly in formations of six in the game, vs the Japanese formations of 4.