Better ATC Controls / Commands

I enjoy ATC a lot and LAX is my favorite to do ATC for but there are a couple of commands I would love to have. One would be in essence telling pilots that a certain runway is being used for landings only and the other is for takeoff.

Another would be along the lines of - that runway is inactive please go to the other end of the airport.

While this isn’t the nicest button, I would really really really like a “You’re an idiot” button with the power to freeze their plane or something. So many pilots just do their own thing. There was this one pilot who was at the front of the line. I told him 8 times to lineup and wait. He never moved. Finally I just tell him to take off. Still doesn’t move! I tell him another 6 times to take off. Finally the people behind him just start taking off. Of course once one person breaks the rules, 6 planes decide to all take off together. .

2 Likes

That’s something known as “ATIS” which is currently disabled.

Tell them to “back taxi” down to the runway.
(If it’s KLAX, on PG, they never listen so there is no point :D)

1 Like

Haha yep Captain_Dan - they don’t. I try and say back taxi and then they just repeat their incorrect request. Oh well.

2 Likes

As soon as I wanted to become a controller, I knew that PG was no option and I started training privately with a few close guys from the community to prepare for the Advanced test straight away (Thanks @Captain_DJ and @anon66442947 :D). If you wanna take controlling serious I suggest preparing for Advanced. Now I’m Supervisor and enjoy every little bit with the awesome IFATC group!

5 Likes

I would love to become an advanced service ATC. There is a lot of articles on the site about it but I am not sure how to get started since the information is kinda scattered. Can you help me know where to go to get started?

@Jacob_Morris message me we will get the ball rolling

2 Likes

Definitely agree on that :)

1 Like

Oh gosh that would be so funny LOL.

2 Likes

OK so I have been going to airports with not a lot of traffic to practice my ATC skills. Today I went to kont it let me pick tower and I was in. Or was I. In the top right corner of the screen were the letters vfr. I could not do anything but some one was controlling the airplanes. What gives. I feel I got a bunch of questions . I have watched all the you tubes of ifatc still have questions

And a little rude… :-)

1 Like

Very true. This would never be added because indeed it is rude. I’m just saying that it just sounds funny to me, I laugh everytime I hear it and idk why lol.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.