Best way to use device

Hi guys, I’m currently on my first transatlantic flight on my brand new iPad Air 3 which I got for my birthday and I was just wondering is there anything I should know like some notes etc?

1 Like

Clear RAM before takeoff, reboot your device, lower screen brightness and activate enable “automatic low power mode”. Also plug in your device

1 Like

I would start with https://infiniteflight.com/guide

Start with the getting started section and work your way up to flying. It will answer majority of your questions.

3 Likes
  • Lower your brightness
  • Enable “automatic low power mode” in IF general settings
  • Plug a charger
  • Enable guided access in device settings and select no touch option, so that even if you accudentally touch your ipad IF won’t react
1 Like

Cheers man ty

Well a stable internet connection is one tip.

• Have settings, like render quality, and all that on low. Have AA off.
  • Have brightens and volume down.
  • Keep it at an FL where it doesn’t stall
  • Pretty much put full fuel, and low cargo and not a high number of passengers.
  • Adding on, calibrate it on that flat surface before you leave for school, because if something happens and the AP disconnects you’ll just keep flying straight instead of stalling and crashing.

But if you want to climb use this A Guide to Step Climbing

And this https://fpltoif.com/ That website will give you a real world flp, proper altitude and fuel, you can choose the passengers and cargo weight. And to add that flp to IF. After it loads it, and everything click copy Flp of whatever it says, then open the map, click the top right, the bar where you can search waypoints then hit the box that appears in the middle then hit paste 👍

1 Like

Cheers man thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the advice man

Something clever I would recommend Is putting you iPad on a cold surface maybe some flooring tiles or the surface of your laptop! I’d especially do this when charging our IPad it stays as cool as a cucumber Andy thanks to CPU-Z I have noticed that it does actually also cool down on the inside (e.g the CPU)

Happy Flying :)
Cign

1 Like

Thanks for the help man. Have a god one

Do you have a fan in your room? The temperatures are rising as it’s summer in most places. I have had a flight end because my device is too hot. If you put a fan on low power and point it at your device it should cool it down a bit. This isn’t needed it just helps in the long run for your device.

1 Like

ooh i have that iPad,
You can basically use even the cockpit camera, and the setting to max, the only thing is that you have to set the brightness to 0 and close all the apps that youre not using. That iPad should fly then.

1 Like

Personally as an IOS and Android user I know both of them fairly well as I’ve been playing the game since 2015. For An iPad device I recommend turning it off then back on completely, close off all of the unnecessary open applications, put it into low power mode, drop the brightness and plug it in. Hope you have a good time flying!

1 Like

The lower detail is not necessary, as long with the view that not includes the cockpit. It’s a pretty new iPad so no need to do this.

Whilst this is a good idea, it isn’t the safest option there is especially if you have it on for a long time. Perhaps just put in on a cold surface next time. This does the exact same job…

Happy Flying :)
Cign

1 Like

Along with the tips above by everyone, whenever you’ve hit your cruise, change your view to the tower view, I think it’s call either ‘ATC’ or ‘Tower’, this makes it so your cam is at a stationary position at your departure airport meaning you’re not loading anything in by flying through the area meaning less stress on your device

Hope you had a good birthday 🎂

1 Like

Thanks for the advice man and I didn’t really do anything but yes it was fine 🙂

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.