Best starter aircraft?

Hello everyone someday in the future I would love to own my own aircraft. That got me wondering about what is the best starter aircraft? Many people say that the C172 or the C150 are both great options, but are they reliable? And what is the average cost to maintain it?

So what do you guys believe is the best starter aircraft?

3 Likes

I’d say forget airplanes and go helicopters! You’ll have much more fun,
I actually learned in a 150, if you can land one of those birds smoothly you’ll be able land anything. They’re forgiving airplanes.

6 Likes

I’ve heard that you can snag a cheap Cessna 152 from between $15,000 and $35,000 USD.

2 Likes

I’ve started to learn in a Fly Synthesis Texan. First lesson I was able to takeoff and do most of the flying pretty easily!!

1 Like

I’ve seen many 150s at VNY and they amazing. That can be an option.

1 Like

I have a friend who owns a few of them for a club he owns, it’s the cheapest thing they rent out think it’s 40$ an hour?

1 Like

I’ve never heard about that aircraft but I will give it a quick search

1 Like

That is cheap! I would like to rent one before I buy it.

A380 my dude
Nah I’m kidding ppl say the polatus is a very good starter or maybe even a cirrus

2 Likes

I’ve got my eye on a Onex

1 Like

That’s a little bit expensive…

2 Likes

Updated version?

1 Like

That can be an option, I’m also considering a bonanza.

1 Like

Maybe just a cheap ultralight if its your first time and then maybe upgrade to a Cessna or something better once you get more experience.

1 Like

Anyone you recommend?

Or maybe a glider lol

image it’s an amazing aircraft

2 Likes

Would love to fly this! Looks like a great aircraft.

1 Like

Start with a Cessna for sure. It’s such a good entry level, or any level aircraft to fly. It’s so much fun! There are so many tutorials for them out there, and they are very easy to fly! I have flown one before, and it was the best aircraft I’ve ever flown. Can’t wait to fly one again!

2 Likes

IMO, C172 is the best out there. That’s what I’m learning on

2 Likes