Best Spotting Location in the US

My mistake lol. Thanks for the correction. I knew that it wasn’t 25R/L and that it was the North East RNWY, but i forgot wether it was 24 or 26

1 Like

I was just in Hawaii and got some great shots! probably not the same spot.

1 Like

My spot is on Kauai.

1 Like

I know two, Maui and Honolulu

Go to LAX! Great locations, backdrops and variety of aircraft.

1 Like

PDX has an entire road running along runway 28R/ 10L

1 Like

The Renaissance Hotel is great for spotting at KATL

1 Like

Hows no one mentioned gravely point at Regan yet? Definitely top ten US spots in terms of location relative to the airport

4 Likes

I will agree with you here. If you’re looking for some bizjet traffic though, KRIL (Rifle) gets slammed with arrivals around the time of spring break but there isn’t any commercial traffic other than the daily Key Lime cargo service. To get to KRIL I would recommend flying into KDEN and not KEGE, KASE, KGJT or KMTJ. It’s about a 3.5-4hr drive from DIA but the scenery over the Vail Pass is beautiful. I’ve driven over it probably 100+ times and it never gets old. Also, if you fly into DIA, KEGE is directly off of I-70 in Gypsum only an hour from KRIL.

While I would want to say KGJT (Grand Junction) is a good place to spot, the property is quite large and very hilly unless you want to stand in the parking lot and only have a veiw of a few gates or get permission to go onto the ramp. The one time I went spotting at GJT I had gotten permission to go onto the ramp because my dad knows one of the managers.

2 Likes

DFW is a good place to spot. Founder’s plaza is a god spotting location as well as onto of the Hyatt in Terminal D. They do charge 35 bucks plus tax a person but its worth it if you have a decent camera

1 Like

@N1RG I plan on heading to DFW (founders plaza) in the next month or so with the wife’s Nikon D750. They charge there? It’ll be my first actual spotting session. 😬

1 Like

Founders plaza? No they don’t charge. The Hyatt does though

1 Like

DCA at gravely point was great for spotting

2 Likes

Marine drive in Oregon runs right along RWY28R/10L for KPDX

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.