Best Short-Medium Haul Routes

Hello everyone! I’m currently new to the Infinite Flight (Multiplayer) community!

I was wondering if you can recommend me any good Short or Medium Haul routes.

Thanks in advance.

6 Likes

Hey buddy! You can fly EGLL-EIDW in an Airbus 320. Love the Route!

2 Likes

You can take a look here and you can find some suggested short and medium haul routes:

If I was to recommend one to you, I would say NZAA - NZQN and do the visual approach into NZQN :)

3 Likes

NZAA–>NZQN
Just dont fly too low

2 Likes

Thank you! I love visual approaches

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the recommendation!

1 Like

Hehe yes, still experimenting with cruising altitudes.

2 Likes

Same here, there’s also a lot of terrain so it’s challenging but not too bad. Just follow the river 😉

1 Like

How would you do a proper VFR/Approach flight though? The scenery isn’t very detailed, you would only be able to follow things such as rivers and pieces of land. I’m assuming you’d look at the map during your approach for reference but would there be another way to know how to navigate? Charts for example?

1 Like

Maybe STARS can help you out
If not then you would have to search up the chart and then remember it

1 Like

You can follow the procedure in Infinite Flight or use charts. It’s a valley so fly in between the valley and you’ll easily navigate your way to the runway.

1 Like

ZUUU-ZULS, WIII-WADD are two scenic short hauls. The former one has tremendous mountain and the latter holds incredible island view.
Medium haul suggestion would be FMEE-FAOR. About 3hr and you get 3D on both side, along with the beautiful island at FMEE.

4 Likes

Oh, alright. I’m assuming the procedures such as STAR’s are specialized for each area, so you go around mountains etc then.

2 Likes

Yeah the approach will get you around the terrain and you won’t crash as long as you follow it.

2 Likes

Any route from the UK to the canaries are excellent especially in the bigger aircraft like the 787 and the 757

1 Like

Here are my top 5 (in no specific order):
CYYJ - CYVR: DH8D 15 minutes
CYVR - KSAN (3D): CRJ9 2H30
VNLK - VNKT: TBM 30 minutes
NZAA - NZQN: any 1H30
CYUL - CYTZ (3D): DH8D 1H

3 Likes

KSEA-KPDX-KMFR, a series of short 30-50 minute Alaska Horizon Q400 or ERJ175 hop along the pacific northwest

1 Like

Here’s some of my favourites, along with the recommended liveries:

• KLAX-KSFO : a classic route (United or Southwest)
  • VNKT-VQPR : a good challenge (A319, generic)
  • EGLL-LSZH : wonderful scenery (Swiss)
  • KFLL-MYNN : stunning ocean views (JetBlue)
1 Like

I’ve been trying short / medium haul flights between 3D airports, and the best so far have been :

• Porto to Gibralter

• Gibralter to Madeira

• Porto to Basel

• Munich to Sochi

• Athens to Sochi

• Sochi to Lanarca

• Ottowa to Halifax

• Mexico City to Tegucigalpa

• Martineque to Sint Martin

• Toronto Billy Bishop to New York

• Auckland to Queenstown

I recommend them all, good scenery along the way and interesting approaches!

3 Likes

DFW-HNL Is a great one to start. Anything to Aspen or the Caribbean has great views

1 Like