Best position for controlling!

Hi guys what is the best position for controlling tower say JFK. ATC? ATC/HIGH above or ATC view ground? What is the pro and cons of each? Thanks for your input as always!

Alan

1 Like

Whenever I control, I prefer going in the higher view. It just makes it easier for me to see where all the aircrafts are. Or if it’s a very large airport, I sometimes use the free camera to position myself over the airport

5 Likes

cheers. Yeah i agree the higher up position is what im used to. If i ever become IFATC This would be the position i would like most. It gives you a commanding view of what each pilot is doing.

1 Like

I go with the Free Cam to the Runway Threeshole then the distance to to aircraft is correct. Even when there is a lot of traffic to to a tide Spacing

1 Like

ATC Camera Off. 😎

6 Likes

just a casual flex lol

1 Like

No way… Are you serious
You can’t see possible trolls then

1 Like

hes just built different

The map sees all. A lot of controllers control that way, not just me. Controlling Tower and Ground with a nice tower cam is nice though during a calm session. Very awesome with buildings.

1 Like

Its up to u but personally i go for high. JFK w the buildings i will especially choose high to see over the buildings. Yes ik there is a map for u to see all the planes but i feel comfortable when i can see the planes off the map too

2 Likes

For Tower the Higher Alt. For Radar: View off… unless I fall in love with the terrain and I decide to use free-camera to admire the terrain ;)

1 Like

I completely agree with you, Kyle. Map off for everything. I just see things better when they’re all down on a map versus when you’re trying to figure out where they are by looking at them via cameras.

1 Like

No map (camera off). It runs so much better.

1 Like

lol, I think thats the point ahaha

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.