Best Playground ATC Experience

Any thoughts on best airports to control in PG, i.e. , where the least amount of uninformed pilots(nimrods) dwell. So far, I’m not having any luck finding one. Not being judgmental here, just saying 1/10 is one thing, but dealing with 9/10 is an unproductive experience.
thanks

Avoid SoCal when you can, If not I find KPSP/KONT generally better than others. Avoid KNUC/KLAX. KSAN can be mixed.

3 Likes

I’m almost done with SoCal all together, however…generally it’s somewhat the only real option due to stagnation in all the other regions. Thanks for the feedback!

3 Likes

Mmtj gets a bit of traffic if people open atc but less nimrods

1 Like

In the last weeks i’m controlling more in london,hawai and Caribbean and is more fair…try…

3 Likes

Sometimes Ansterdam, London or SingKL are active. You can generally have a good experience there, and also getting a controller spot is easier.

Yeah, I’ll give all these a go sometime. I don’t get too worked up about it, becomes rather comical at times. Like when two take off from parallel runways, one remaining in the pattern the other departing south. Then come to find out 1st ones going west, 2nd one is remaining in the pattern. gotta love it

1 Like

suggest that open up in either Sydney or Singapore regions. Once you have opened a tower people will came, but also less Nimrods in those areas.

1 Like

I’ve flown three times now from SAN to LAX, and I only had problems once, when I was cleared to land at LAX but others kept landing in front of me.
My other good experience was on London, EGBB, when I was vectored by an Advanced ATC.

1 Like

I don’t typically have troubles in Socal but I’m not sure what times the trolls are flying. I’ve seen a few of course. I flew Singapore for the first time in a long time today and had EXCELLENT ATC.

1 Like

Caribbean can be fun and fill up a bit on PG too if TNCM and TFFR are open.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.