Best North (and South) American Routes?

Well, the title explains it all!

I live in Australia and don’t usually do flights in North Or South America, due to the Timezone, obviously. Recommendations under 7 hours would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

KLSC-KDEN
some great muntainous scenery and can be done in a medium or light aircraft. recommend doing it in a 737

1 Like

Alright, thank you very much! I’ll have a look into it.

this is a little shorter route

1 Like

You should definitely do KCLT to KPHL. It’s a very nice route and they are both american airline hubs!

1 Like

Hey Blue, thanks for the suggestion, will have to try it!

(I’ve seen you in the community a lot, thanks for commenting :) )

1 Like

Of course! Enjoy the route! 🤗

1 Like

The best scenery during the flight and approach is probably gonna be a flight to Quito (SEQM) which is located thousands of feet above MSL and features an approach through mountain valleys while serving big airliners. I would recommend flying in from Lima (3D) with the Latam A320 (forgot the flight number, but it’s a real flight). Unreal experience! Flight time 1 - 3 hours if I remember correctly.

Edit: Found the details.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this suggestion!

1 Like

Buenos Aires (SABE) to Ushuaia (SAWH) in an Aerolíneas Argentinas B737-800. Flight number is AR1896.
On this flight, you go through the plains of the Pampas to the icy, montainous terrain of the Andes.

1 Like

I would say try Avelo 738 from KRDM-KBUR, Burbank has a challenging approach. you only land on rwy 8 at kbur

1 Like

It is about 1 hour and 30 mins

1 Like

Thank you Everyone for the suggestions! They look great!

1 Like

You could try Houston to Toncontin or Panama City to Mexico City, they both have great scenery and Toncontin’s approach is fun and challenging :) Can be done in B737 aircraft.

1 Like

I would do KSAN - KSFO on Southwest. It’s a very fun flight and who doesn’t love the Southwest Heart livery??

1 Like

KLAX-KJFK is a good one!

2 Likes

I would say KMIA - SEQM, KATL - MGGT, KIAH - MMMX, SBSP - SBRJ, SLVR - SLLP, SPJC - SPZO, and SABE - SAWH.

Most of these routes either feature challenging approaches, beautiful views, or massive elevation gain (there is a 12000ft elevation difference between SLVR and SLLP).

For a good short haul, take KDEN - KHDN. There is very little elevation gain, but a huge range of mountains between the two airports. Not to mention, a very daring approach through a valley.

2 Likes

Atlanta to St Maarten or Miami to St Maarten!

1 Like

Another route is CYYC-CYVR or KSEA-CYYC

1 Like

If your looking for some island hopping go in a private C208 and fly around MZBZ to like MZSP and so on.

1 Like