Best MAJOR US Airline per Category (Polls!)

[Please do not simply go through and choose your favorite airline for each poll. Please actually read each question throughly, and be 100% honest when answering each question. Thanks for making this poll fair!]

[and to repeat, I realized shortly after I made this topic that it isn’t very fair to put Southwest in this comparison. When I realized this though, it was too late to edit the polls. Sorry.]

Ok, so I know this looks like another one of those “what’s your favorite US airline” topics, but I wanted to go a little more in-depth than just that one simple question.

For each category, I’m going to list the four largest US airlines (in order of number of revenue https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World’s_largest_airlines): American, Delta, United, and Southwest. (Sorry if your favorite US carrier isn’t one of these four.)
Your job is to choose which airline you think is the best choice for each category. Chances are, you haven’t riden on every single one of these airlines. If you have, then report based on past experience. If you haven’t, then give your honest opinion. For most of the questions, I’m not looking for you to put your favorite airline; simply answer as honestly as you can, regardless of whether you dislike the airline or not.

And please, no arguments in the comments. If you’d like to give an explanation to your votes, then go ahead, but please refrain from arguing against other people’s opinions. IFC doesn’t need another argument-filled thread…

(“Show who voted” will purposely be disabled to prevent common public opinions from influencing your decision.)

Now, let’s get started…

Which airline would you say has the best history? (1900s)

• American
  • Delta
  • United
  • Southwest

0 voters

Which airline would you say is the most well-off? (economically)

• American
  • Delta
  • United
  • Southwest

0 voters

Which airline would you say has the best fleet for the routes they choose to serve? (example: How new, updated their fleet is compared to others.)

• American
  • Delta
  • United
  • Southwest

0 voters

Which airline would you say has the best public image?

• American
  • Delta
  • United
  • Southwest

0 voters

Which airline would you say is cheapest? (I’m leaving Southwest out because it’s technically a budget airline.)

• American
  • Delta
  • United

0 voters

Which airline would you say has the best passenger experience in economy?

• American
  • Delta
  • United
  • Southwest

0 voters

Which airline would you say has the best first/business class passenger experience? (example: Delta has “Delta One”, etc.)

• American
  • Delta
  • United
  • Southwest

0 voters

And finally… which one would you choose to ride on?

• American
  • Delta
  • United
  • Southwest

0 voters

I will consider adding another poll(s) if I receive any good suggestions.

9 Likes

I moved this into the #real-world-aviation excited see the results!

3 Likes

My favorite U.S carrier isn’t up there, Jetblue…

4 Likes

Oh yeah, sorry, forgot #real-world-aviation
Whoops…

[@TheCoolPilot sorry, I just got the top 4 by revenue from Wikipedia.]

1 Like

I see. Maybe worth adding it though, I know quite a few people like Jetblue’s service the best.

2 Likes

We’ll see. Many people also like Hawaiian, Spirit(?), Frontier, and Alaskan, but of course I can’t add them all. Too many words…

I personally would. It would really show what US carrier is the best

1 Like

You might want to add categories for budget airlines specifically

1 Like

You know what, how about I move Southwest out of this one and put it in a separate topic about Best Budget US Airlines? (and JetBlue too)

1 Like

As Delta is winning every category…we bleed red and blue out here

3 Likes

Thanks to everyone voting Delta 😂

4 Likes

Delta wins it all, Lol

2 Likes

I bet you wont guess what I voted for 😂

3 Likes

Who stuffed the ballot with delta? Lol

1 Like

Literally all of them are delta…

That would probably be a good idea

I don’t know how I haven’t realized this before but this just made me aware that I’ve been on all four at least twice. Wow

Twas I that did that

2 Likes

To add on, I voted delta for where I thought they deserved it but in my opinion they don’t have a very good public image due to them being first in number of bumped passengers. According to Brad Tuttle’s article in Time magazine, Delta bumped the most passengers in 2016 with 10 bumps/10K passengers. It leads by quite a bit, as it was ahead of its second place competitor, United, by 2.8 passengers. Although this can be quite a headache, I think delta is a good airline overall and I respect them, not enough to vote for them in every category though :P

1 Like

Where’s JetBlue? By far the best US domestic carrier and would win every category! (besides maybe most well-off and best history). Has the newest fleet out of all of the airlines here as well!

3 Likes