Best iPads for infinite flight

Bit of a random question, but for my birthday next month I was gonna get a new iPad as my current one is quite old. I was wondering if anyone knows what the best ones are that run well on if during long hauls? Because on my one at the end of them it gets very hot.

1 Like

The topic below is probably perfect for this. 😁

2 Likes

Ah I didn’t see that. Thanks

1 Like

I use the iPad Pro (9.7-inch) device which is very good for what I can tell is up to around 9 hours it is just about avoiding large amounts of people but quite a few is fine when departing or landing because it can crash. I hoped I helped but it is still your own choice.

2 Likes

It depends on your budget.

I’d say the iPad Mini 5 is perfect. It has very good benchmark scores that are close to the iPad Pro for half the price. But obviously it has the setbacks of cameras, storage, and number of cores.

However, if budget is something you have no care about, the iPad Pro '11 is the one to choose. It’s the perfect size to me, but you can also go for the '12.9.

Both of these are new iPad’s, so you can get them new from Apple.

1 Like

The best ones are the pros, but if money is a concern then my iPad 2018 serves me very well. I doubt they’re sold in stores anymore but the new iPad Air could be a cheaper option as well. I wouldn’t go any older than the old iPad Air 2 though.

If you decide to opt for a used older model though, my advice would be to wait until after WWDC to make a decision.

A little birdy told me that support for a couple of older iPads is likely being dropped with iOS 14

1 Like

I’d definitely do this. It’s only a week, and there’s lots of rumors about a new Air and Mini coming that could easily get announced at the event for a release this year. Not to mention you should get a sense of how iOS 14/iPad OS 2 (or is it 14???) will effect things…

3 Likes

I have an Ipad 7th gen and it is budget friendly. only $279 . I wouldn’t recommend because I have tried everything and this device lags terribly. I don’t know if it is my iPad or what but I’m still trying to fix some things.

1 Like

Yes I agree if you want to get the best device on a budget, the I pad mini is the way to go.

1 Like

I would decide between the iPad mini 5 and iPad 10.2". Both have the same Processor and Graphics but the mini has 2GB of RAM compared to the 3GB on the 10.2" version. Also the larger iPad has a bigger surface area allowing it to cool quicker. 10.2" should also be cheaper I believe

1 Like

Definitely the best one is the 12.9 nich 2020 iPad Pro

1 Like

I have 2018 IPad it’s not the mini and not the pro just a IPAD it runs well on High graphics I might get the 2020 or upcoming 2021 pro sooner or later the one I have runs well for a starter

1 Like

On amazon you can find I pad 7th gens for $350 64gb

1 Like

I would agree on going to that thread, but it’s still based on 19.4 observations. I would wait until the 20.1 thread comes out to go have a look since the new update brought a lot of new features :)

1 Like

I’m using iPad Air 3rd generation 10.5 and it’s performing well… I use it with many apps in the background (linked to IF) in addition to high graphics… I haven’t had a single crash before… I would strongly recommend it

1 Like

If you’re on a budget
2019 iPad mini
2019 iPad Air

The above 2 have the A12 chip which runs well with Infinite Flight

Otherwise, if you want a cheaper option, go for the 2019 ipad(7th gen) which although it has the A10, runs IF quite well.

If you just won the lottery
Go for the iPad Pro(from 2018 onwards)
These have the A12X and A12Z(for the 2020 version) which are slightly more powerful than the standard A12, add now 3GB extra RAM.

1 Like

I have the iPad 6th generation and no lag on max settings…

2 Likes

I have no idea why mine is like this. It’s brand spanking new with nothing but IF on it

1 Like

I would have actually added the IPad 6th gen since it’s the iPad I use, and the fact that it shares the same chip as the 2019 iPad. However, I recommended the 2019 as it has 3GB RAM instead of 2GB on the 2018 6th gen. Overall, still a solid device.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to look up specifics about the rumored new iPad Air. The current one has the A12 chip, but do you all think a new one would have the A12X or A12Z?

1 Like