Best GA aircraft in infinite flight!

Hi guys,

I’ve been getting into flying some GA aircraft (mostly to get landings to get to grade 3) and want to know what your favourite one is to fly. I have noted that on a lot of small aircraft the landings are fairly trick and bumpy but have managed to smoothly land the Cirrus SR22. What do you guys find the best and easiest to fly? (I find the SR22 but want to try out some new ones so please let me know) Also if you could tell me some nice airports to fly in a small aircraft that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Yuvraj

The beautiful C750 otherwise known as the Citation X is lovely to fly out of and into pretty much anywhere. I don’t really have a favorite place to land.

5 Likes

Make a poll…it would be straightforward to collect the data your looking for M8.

2 Likes

Cessna Caravan is the aircraft I use for touch and goes!

6 Likes

I personally like the Avro Canada VZ-9 Avrocar…

13 Likes

There is also a trick to land smoothly with the Cessna Caravan just turn on the brakes before landing and it will glue you to the runway I use this so it does not make me bounce around too much’

2 Likes

My personal favourite is the Cessna 172 as I always love to do patterns in it and it is such an easy, manoeuvrable aircraft.

2 Likes

I like the Cessna Caravan 208 as it is the most comfortable GA plane to fly imo… And not to forget about the scenery when flying in it :]

2 Likes

Just for flying hands down the C750. It looks great, lands well, has a huge range, and handles like butter. For patterns, C208 is king

2 Likes

Yep the C208 x Chicago Region = lots of landings :)

1 Like

Greetings,

For me, the SR22 is also plane of choice for GA. I’ve done most of my landings at small airfields. I’ve got at least 100 landings in it.

I also have enjoyed the Cessna 208 for touch and goes.

As far as airfields go, I would recommend finding something near to where you live. After 20 or so tng’s it’ll become like a home base for you. That’s what I’ve done, anyway ;)

1 Like

Thanks, will try that out

1 Like

Yup the SR22 is great…I live Singapore so there aren’t many small airfields but when I come to the US I fly at a small airfield with my uncle so will try that out in IF.

Thanks,
Yuvraj

1 Like

Thanks for the advice man!!!

1 Like

Will definitely try that out!

Will try that when flying the 208…

1 Like

Welcome, I wish there was more GA to recommend wink wink.

Favorite has to be the Cessna 208. What a fanatic aircraft that is! Love how it flies and it versatility. Devs definitely need give all our little GA aircraft some TLC!

Tight patterns are my thing nowadays. The trusty 208’s got it covered.

1 Like

For tight patterns, nothing can beat the Super Decathlon. But for cross countries I’m a fan of the SR22.