Best Colleges For A Degree In Air Transportaion

Hey everyone! For those who don’t know, I’m an aspiring Flight Dispatcher (or anything to do with airline management) and I plan to start applying for colleges soon. I was wondering if anyone here, preferably someone with experience in this field, could give me some advice as to which colleges are the best for getting a Bachelors Degree in Air Transportation (or something similar). Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I know of Embry riddle, very well known for aviation. And if course US Air Force Academy

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering how I can get to become an airliner/cargo pilot fast too. Someone who came to present to my class about aviation told us that he went to air force, racked up jet hours, and then went to fly for FedEx. I think that’s a good way.

1 Like

Yeah I’m gonna be doing the Air Force (RCAF), and they have a joint program with this college called Seneca- they have a solid aviation program. Westjet also has this program where they take pilots fresh out of flight school and train them their selves.

Hail ERAU.

1 Like

theres alot of schools that offer an RATP where you only need an thousand hours to fly for a regional. There is also schools that offer an aviation management degree which you will need for air transportation. Also may i add that my school offers this course. so if your interested let me know and i can answer some questions @DiamondGaming4

2 Likes

Arizona State University (ASU) offers the Professional Pilots Degree. I know that they fly out of my local airport. Arizona is known for its low winds and mild weather, so it is the perfect place to be!

Here is a link:
https://poly.engineering.asu.edu/aviation/professional-flight-bs/

Not too far away from Texas! :)

1 Like

I’m looking for suggestions for now. I’ll check back to this thread when I start applying;)

1 Like

Quick question. If you get a pilot’s degree at a school, are you able to get a job at airlines or is there more work than that.

You don’t need a “Pilots Degree.” You just need a license, a few other FAA certificates, and a Bachelors Degree (to be competitive. Really, all you need is a HS diploma)

It really depends on who. My company you don’t need a college degree. We are looking for both fixed and rotor wing pilots and we pay extremely well.

1 Like

I agree. I was referencing the United Airlines requirements list (first airline I thought of)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.