Best Airports to Spot at in Europe?

I recently found out that me and my family are going on vacation to Europe next Easter- we plan to travel to a few European countries but we don’t know exactly which ones yet! I was wondering if anyone knew what the best airports to go plane spotting at in Europe are based on the amount of planes and good spotting areas in and around the airport! Leave your suggestions below
Thanks
-Lucas

2 Likes

I don’t know much…but…best of luck-)!!

2 Likes

Visit Zurich (LSZH/ZRH), a spotting-friendly airport with good traffic!

3 Likes

London Heathrow. A lot of spotting areas around there

3 Likes

How about Gibraltar airport its on my top list its an amazing airport and i bet you can get good shots and spots pretty up close. :)

1 Like

LEPA palma de mallorca

1 Like

I hear that countries like Germany are very good for spotting

1 Like

Skiathos in Greece !

3 Likes

Paris (any of them), London (any of them), Skiathos, Palma de Mallorca, Gibraltar, Zurich, Munich, Frankfurt, Reykjavik, Iceland (it is somewhat europe. Google it, i did), Amsteram Thats all i can pull from europe

1 Like

Heathrow if you want heavies but if you don’t stansted which is near London

1 Like

Oslo Airport Gardermoen is really spotter friendly, and they have a community of spotters! You’ll never be spotting alone, there are always someone there! :) Really nice locations as well!

2 Likes

Whenever I’m in Hungary, come over to my family house, we can look out the window ;)

LHBP has a lot of good spots, 747-8f is the largest there.

1 Like

If you do visit Budapest, go on the corner of Bélatelepi út and Lőrinci út. Great views of 13R/31L. Otherwise, just try the parking lot for 13L/31R

1 Like

Everywhere but not in Geneva

The only airport I spotted at was Dublin

1 Like

Well there’s KJFK, KLAX, and oh wait, you’re talking about Europe?

1 Like

Yes he is, that’s why the topic title is called “Best Airports to Spot at in Europe.” ;)

4 Likes

why ? :( geneva isen’t cool

1 Like

Zurich is much better for spotting, tell me a place when you can spot correctly in Geneva…

1 Like

I was just joking because I feel like I’m the only American sometimes… ;)

2 Likes