Best airports to land at

What do you think are the best airports to land at? For any reason, scenery, approaches or just that it’s a nice airport to fly to.

25 Likes

Paro in Bhutan (VQPR) - has a very challenging approach.

14 Likes

PAJN has a really scenic approach, and by that I mean it’s absolutely beautiful. Plus the approach is challenging the first few times as well.

VQPR is a really hard approach, but it pays off because there’s some awesome mountains surrounding the airport.

15 Likes

DEFINITELY Juneau (PAJN) AMAZING Approach over the water and then twisting and turning between the snowy Alaskan mountains, a challenging approach.

14 Likes

Vagar airport in the Faroe islands if the terrain wasn’t broken above 60°N

5 Likes

Hong Kong VHHH - SIER7C STAR / I07L APP is really nice

10 Likes

What I was going to say

7 Likes

In the water 🤣, very cool for history of Hudson

5 Likes

MHTG (Toncontin Airport) It Has. Very Challenging Circle To Land Called “The Toilet Bowl Approach”! It Also Has A Small Runway So Your Gonna Need Some Brakes!

KIAH-MHTG: 737-700 United
KMIA-MHTG: American Airlines A319/757

It’s A Great Flight :)

9 Likes

Yerevan Zvartnots (UDYZ) in Armenia has a beautiful approach with a pretty view of Mount Ararat.

4 Likes

For some reason the approach into the Maldives just hits different

4 Likes

I think my favourite has to be Innsbruck, approaching through the mountains is quite special

5 Likes

Samos Airport - LGSM

It’s almost a 90 degree right turn at 600 feet due terrain. Only a few pilots can fly to Samos, Greece.

SMI-Spot3-3

11 Likes

Maderia is another challenging approach

3 Likes

SPGL is a good one if you’re up for a challenge, just make sure you’re using a smaller aircraft like a TBM. You can also find the death spike on approach as well. It’s challenging but really fun. If you end up not crashing, you give yourself a pat on the back 😄

3 Likes

I love the challenging approaches at airports like Guatemala (MGGT), Madeira (LPMA) and Toncontin (MHTG).
Also the scenic approaches at for example Innsbruck (LOWI), Queenstown (NZQN) and Quito (SEQN) are very nice as well.
My list really goes on and on, but these are my favorites! 😂

4 Likes

LOWI is a nice challenging and beautiful approach

3 Likes

Anywhere in Papua

Surrounded by high mountains, incredibly short runways (like 1300 feet short), hard approaches

GA flying in that area is so fun

2 Likes

You want a “beautiful” approach?

Well, I’d recommend Horn Island (also called Thursday Island) up the tippy top north of Australia. With QantasLink Dash 8 services from Cairns. Horn Island is a small island surrounded by some of the best tropical reef in the world - the Great Barrier Reef.

I’d also recommend Lord Howe Island, again, QantasLink Dash 8 services but with flights from both Sydney and Brisbane. Lord Howe has a very short runway, therefore is it not only beautiful, but challenging.

3 Likes

VNLK! Grab a smaller plane like the dash-8 or similar and check out Everest!

1 Like