Best Airports at Which to Host an Event

Feel free to change the category for this topic if it doesn’t belong in #live

Hello IFC!
I want to make an event but I don’t know what airport to do it at. I’m looking for an airport with a lot of gates, regular ATC services, and not too much traffic.

I hope you could help!

• IFS
1 Like

Well…

In terms of gates, basically all major airports in the world. Not much traffic, means you stay away from EGLL, JFK and LAX (as they are busy usually regardless of ATC schedule). Some places like MIA, DFW, ATL and ORD aren’t as busy, but have traffic as they are VA hubs.

For ATC, it would be dependent on the weekly schedule that is published on Sunday’s for IFATC services (if you are looking for ATC on Expert). If you wish to have ATC on Training, then you’ll just have to make sure to secure it with someone that signs up to help with ATC.

1 Like

Depends on the event you want to host.I recommend Chicago,Beijing or Dubai.Stay away from the crowded airports is all I gotta say

1 Like

Around the alps, airports with many destinations. Zurich, Vienna, etc. Not very popular areas. People want to discover new places. I’m pretty sure that everyone here have flown to or from London Heathrow but not from or to Stockholm for example.

2 Likes

Newark EWR isn’t a bad idea lol

1 Like

I say this to everyone, but…

SJC, SFO, OAK, or DEL

SJC is San Jose and is a convenient airport to fly to or fly out of and has a number of international destinations including Mexico, Canada, and China

SFO is San Francisco and is a huge airport with 4 runways, a United Maintenance facility as United has a hub there, and Alaska Airlines which made it a focus city for them.

OAK is Oakland and is also a relatively large airport. Southwest has a large presence at OAK as well as Spirit and Allegiant. The airport has 3 runways although they may be used for different purposes than just Commercial airliners.

DEL is Delhi and is a great airport to fly to. It has 3 runways as well and has destinations to all over the world. The airport is almost always foggy and that can be hard for an event but it is a great airport otherwise, with Air India having a hub there and other low-cost carriers focus on the city like IndiGo and SpiceJet

2 Likes

Let’s go to TS1 and say… Heathrow

2 Likes

Vienna or Zurich, the Alps are amazing!

1 Like

I think LFPG would be perfect. It is never busy in IF, but there are soo many gates and it would be perfect because it’s huge irl.

1 Like

I say you do it at LSZH this is also my opinion I like Zurich it’s nice you have the alps and some good approaches and I don’t see a lot of people there a lot of the time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.