Berlin Brandenburg Officially Opens After 14 YEARS Of Construction

Berlin Brandenburg Airport Is 10 Days Away From Opening

Berlin Brandenburg airport is 10 days away from opening! As most of you probably know, this airport had been having many issues regarding the safety and fire alarm systems. It was supposed open years ago, because of issues, it was delayed. Now we are down to 10 days before the airport opens! if you want any more information about the airport, please visit the video below from half is interesting, in the article below from simple Flying about the ten-day countdown

35 Likes

You mean 10 years?

27 Likes

Glad to hear they finally figured out fire suppression systems in this dumpsterfire, and for anyone interested I suggest listening to Radio Spätkauf’s 4 episode long “How To F#€k Up An Airport” podcast which goes in detail about all of the factors that contributed to the mess Branderburg airport became. Just be aware kids, I don’t remember if there were swearwords there, you’ve been warned.

8 Likes

I hope that this time it really opens…

I am younger than the airport and have flown more flights. (This statement is gonna be false 2 days after opening but…)

Saying this statement is so wrong, because it’s an airport against single a human!

3 Likes

If you actually believe that it will be opening in 10 days then you have no idea about this whole scandal. Anyways HOPEFULLY It does actually open

I misread the title and I thought it said a 16 year old is opening an airport

8 Likes

Same @AviationFreak 😂

3 Likes

Don’t give me hope Brandenburg is opening, we all know it’s going to be delayed. Anyway, on the slim chance Brandenburg does open, what will happen to Tegel and Schoenefeld? Now Berlin will have 4 airports, one of which is closed.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens, and I’m still mad that they closed Tempelhof. But that’s a story for another day.

1 Like

They will close Tegel I think…

2 Likes

Ima be real with you, I would love it to become the Airports Joke, “We Finally Opened”

Very interesting! Though hopefully Tegel doesn’t close. Maybe they will use this airport for international flights. Idk. Did anyone else find it interesting that out of all the times to open, they pick now?

On a side note: SAN BERNARDINO YOU CAN OPEN TOO. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE, JUST LOOK AT BERLIN! 😂

Ten days till we get siked again 😂

What’s the airport code?

EDDB l BER

1 Like

Schönefeld will be merged with the new airport, because it’s located directly next to it. The tarmac of the new airport was actually already used sometimes for planes from Schoenefeld. I believe the old terminal of Schoenefeld will be later also used as a terminal for the airport, while Tegel will be shut down.

4 Likes

Here’s what I mean

So in the end both will be combined. I just realized that I heard that the Schoenefeld Terminal will be replaced by the terminal for the government

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

Now Berlin will only have one airport. No Tegel and No Tempelhof. ☹️

wait NO TEGEL!??!?

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see this in IF!

1 Like