Belgrade Airport getting ready for Extension

Hi my friends!

So I’m delighted and proud to tell you that my home’s airport LYBE will be starting its massive airport overhaul and extension! The project consist of adding a new runway, new terminal, etc. This project will cost $262 million euros!

This is how the Airport is planned to look like:

credits

This is great news because I’m a very frequent flyer to Belgrade as its my home town.
You can read more about it here:

What are your thoughts about this? Do you think this is good or not?

6 Likes

I always though Belgrade airport was quite small. If there’s demand for an expansion of this size then I think it’s brilliant. Hopefully you’ll see some new destinations coming with the expansion too.

1 Like

Definitively. I think that with this expansion it will be able to provide more spaces, especially for bigger aircraft. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Good to see its finally taking place. LYBE is expanding every day in terms of airlines and frequencies, so this is definitely needed

1 Like

Yeah, this has been one busy year for LYBE!

1 Like

Are they just expanding on the northeast side of the airport? That’s the only part of that diagram labelled so I’m assuming that’s the first stage they’re going for currently and then the southwestern side is for future?

1 Like

Yes, there are several stages. Stage one is starting soon, which is an overhaul and extension of the current terminal which is greatly needed.

1 Like

3 times the cost of my home airports expansion ;) hope your airport gets a well deserved upgrade

1 Like

Haha lets hope its a good one!

my State government sucks 😅 3 million more people per year than here with 1 terminal and a runway that barely fits an A380. Get a move on Adelaide ;)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.