Being the first to visit an airport in Live...

I already do this, so I’m in. GA flying is so underappreciated in this community, but it’s really a lot of fun!

I doubt the last unvisited airport will be in the USA, and especially not in somewhat popular places. I’ve been to 0CO2, Savannah, Portland, and of course New Orleans.

And could it be possible that the developers have the numbers of spawns and/or landings at each airport? Or that the airport editing team has a list of airports that they haven’t even looked at?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I was the first person at the old KFKA before I redid the whole airport. I’m sure I was also the first one at the new one.

1 Like

I’m kinda sure I’m the first to have flew to LFXB (Saintes - Thenac Aerodrome / AFB)
It’s my home airport. :)
We’ll at least if I can call it an airport.
Just no gate, stand, apron.
Spawn on runways.
They’re really really realllllyyy short.

1 Like

I am about 99% sure I was the first person to visit my home airport of KOLD.

1 Like

That is really saddening. Think about it, IF has nearly every airport in the world and only 4 or 5 get constant traffic. Furthermore, only a small handful actually get any traffic period. There really should be a way to drive more people to smaller airports, or atleast those that aren’t visited very often.

1 Like

Which is why I am looking forward to hopefully seeing my home commercial airport get traffic as it’s on the schedule on Wednesday.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I have been the first at EPRZ. People rarely fly there, small routes, and only gets rarer.

1 Like

Should I create a thread with a list of airports in a state/country and make it a wiki, so those who visit said airports can comment a picture, mark the airport as visited, and describe the approach/sights?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Surprising, considered it has a sizable amount of destinations.

1 Like

Isn’t KORD a destination from there? Polska!

That’s Kraków, EPKK.

My fault, I got them mixed up. I was thinking of LO17 EPRZ-KEWR.

I did all the airports in Chili recently, and I’m pretty sure that a few of those have never been visited before!

1 Like

It would be interesting if a Dev could pull up a list of airports and how many people have landed there. Would be some great info and create some great visuals for the popularity of airports.

On the other hand, it would be interesting to see where those havent landed, or may have only had 1 person land at, and see what those places are to visit in the future.

2 Likes

I think I might be one of the only people ever too this day to visit my local EIKN

1 Like

I completely agree. It would be nice if there was some kind of schedule similar to the ATC schedule’s.

Anyway, proud to say I have visited…none. I literally can’t remember any unknown airports. Maybe Kitty Hawk, North Carolina counts. (Wright Brothers first flight airport)

1 Like

Can’t the IF staff & moderators not easily produce a list like that?

No idea what effort is needed to create or build this, but it would be far more reliable than anything we make.

I would imagine they could, but I don’t see an incentive for them doing such a thing.

When the brothers did their first flight there was already an airport? 😳😄

1 Like

i would say i was the first to fly in and out of EGPJ as its my home airport so within 10 min of global being released i flew out of there lol

1 Like