Being "AFK" while playing Infinite Flight

Hello,

While playing Infinite Flight, I’m in front of my iPad screen for Taxi, Takeoff, Climb, Approach and Landing. During the cruise, I’m away of my tablet. As I cannot remain in front of the screen for hours.

Nevertheless, I was thinking: “What should I do if a Center frequency is active and I’m not here?” or, more globally, “What should I do if I receive the following message: You are on an active airspace, please contact… and I’m not here to answer”, etc…

So I was wondering how do you “deal” while long-haul flights “problems”. As I guess that not everybody can stay with his phone/tablet in hands for hours.

2 Likes

Center frequency is no longer in IF
EDIT: also please use Features next time

3 Likes

Oh, okay.
I wasn’t aware of this; apologies!

So no “risk” of being afk?

1 Like

I would suggest putting AFK in your name so controllers know and if you are flying above FL180 I wouldn’t contact tower.

3 Likes

By the way its not “AFK” because there is no keyboard in IF. So it would be “AFD” which would stand for “away from device”. :)

7 Likes

If you are flying at normal cruise altitudes (FL200 and above) you have nothing to worry about. Tower or Approach should never contact you at those altitudes.

16 Likes

You most likely won’t be in any active airspace at your cruise level since I’m assuming you’re flying airliners. Since center frequency isn’t a thing anymore you don’t have anything to worry about

1 Like

By the way, in the slight chance you do get a on-guard warning it was most likely on accident from the controller’s side.

1 Like

Yeah, haha!

I thought of this, I didn’t knew “AFD” existed!

1 Like

As Seb said there are no worries now as long as you are above that altitude. Centre got removed for this reason as many people will not be at their devices.

1 Like

And after all these replies I still don’t know what AFK means… 🙂

3 Likes

Away from keyboard. It’s a PC term but it can pretty much apply to everything now

2 Likes

That’s incorrect Schyllberg. In TS1 I practically feel like the tower is forcing me to land…

2 Likes

I stopped reading at TS1…

14 Likes

You should be glad it’s Tower & not Ground.

17 Likes

Features? Features is for requests. This isn’t not a request, but a question and maybe should be under #support.

Definitely not. I suggest you read the “About Support”.

2 Likes

Every now and then, I’ll wake up and see “Contact [Insert random airport on my flight path] on 123.45” in my log spammed like 5 times. Granted, I was on TS1 😂

I said maybe. By that I mean there is a slight possibility this could go under support, but it definitly shouldn’t.

Reasons it could be under support

• the user has a problem

That’s it.

Wrong.
Please go read “About” as i suggested.
Cheers!

3 Likes