Being Able To Draw Your Own Taxi Route

I wish in IF that there was a feature in the navigation tab where you can draw your own taxi route! (As usual this will be limited to the airport only)

ATC can also add a command with “Continue taxi as planned” which can give the user permission to taxi on his route. (And of course ATC should be able to view other people’s taxi route before giving them permission.) I created an example for this… check it out :)

As usual every vote counts. :)

Hey vote for it here “Drag and Taxi” Feature

@Highlander24 But I feel like that’s a bit different because the ATC is telling you where to go. And for this you have a bit more freedom as you can draw your own taxi route.

2 Likes

You’re right I just noticed that as well.

1 Like

I like this idea. It would be interesting feature at an airport that you are not familiar with. Especially with the new airport diagrams, it could be put to good use.

1 Like

Ill try to clear up a vote… sounds cool so that i wont take a wrong turn

2 Likes

So how would this work? Would there be arrows on the ground directing you via your taxi route?

@Jrpilot5 No, you would be able to draw your own taxi route and wil be able to edit it and ATC can also see your taxi route to see if it’s good so that the controller can say “Continue taxi as planned” (Taxi routes are optional btw)

I see said the blind man.

1 Like

@Jrpilot5 What do you mean?

1 Like

I think what he ment is how would you follow your route?

2 Likes

Just that I understand what you mean now

Yeah, I know.

I feel like this is an underrated feature suggestion.

1 Like

Brilliant idea. Got my vote.

1 Like

I think this would be pretty cool. An instance I run into a lot, is when I want to go to a certain gate or stand and I’ll get a progressive taxi away from that area. As IFATC, I know that it could possibly be for operational reasons, but if the controller knows where I’m trying to go, something could be worked out! I’ll see if I can free up a vote!

1 Like

This is just my opinion, but I believe voting for liveries is not very useful, it is technically just a color that will get added eventually with the aircrafts rework. I mostly vote for feature that’s would increase the game quality, like this one.

2 Likes

This is a great idea. Or maybe have Taxi waypoints as a substitute for the meantime that they don’t have full taxi points. Imagine getting a message from ATC Ground “Taxi to RWY24 via Echo Lima Alpha” dreams lol

2 Likes

There is a thread for that you can vote for it.
Also welcome back to the IFC @IAmRred

1 Like

Vote for that here - Taxiway Signs

2 Likes