Beginning ATC

What were you like when you first tried ATC? what mistakes did you make and how good are you now?
I was really bad at first but I’ve improved alot
For example I though remaining thr the pattern meant following the circles (airspace) and when people requested taxi I would just say continue taxi.

4 Likes

I was really bad, I didn’t know what sequencing was and I was also just clearing everyone.
Someone requesting takeoff and a 1 mile final? Pff, take off, buddy!

1 Like

Oh same!
Hmmm what number shloud I make you?
You know what?! Your number seven cleared to land!

Usually just number one for everyone!

1 Like

20 planes inbound at KLAX? You’re number 1 to land, sir.

1 Like

Lmao!
Plane 1: im first!
Plane 2: No Im first!
Plane 3: No im first!
Plane 4: No im first!
Plane 5: No im first!
You get the point lol

Even if you sequence everyone like you should do, on TS it’s always like that…

1 Like

So true! Can’t wait to be IFATC

while there’s 3 aircraft crossing the runway

“Lufthansa 273, RWY 28L, cleared for takeoff”

2 Likes

THAT’S what I call a “classic one”.

1 Like

Yesterday I was coming in for finals and I informed tower for finals on 09R EGLL the ATC controller told me roger and after that they said go around but the runway was cleared of all trafic I continued my finals because I was already lined up on short final and then I said again cleared for finals and the ATC never responded just wanting to know was I wrong for still going in for finals.

Yes. Even if the runway looks clear, if the controller instructs you to do something, listen. Doing what you did on Expert would have gotten you ghosted.

As soon as I hit grade two,
I hopped on to OMDB tower and screwed up the airport
Next i went to Approach Control at the same airport and at the time, didn’t know that there was a drag and lift feature. So i was busy guessing headings for aircraft and scrolling through the huge menus for that incorrect heading

1 Like

Wait, what does that mean cos I still find manual headings

Tap and hold on an aircraft, and then slide your finger in the direction that you want the aircraft to go. A pink line will appear, showing you the path of the aircraft. You can then send it like that, clear the aircraft for approach or send an altitude along with the heading.

2 Likes

Wow, thank you

1 Like

Well to be honest I I might’ve caused a ground collision between an aircraft crossing the runway and an airplane landing

1 Like

When I first started controlling, the version I had didn’t have live weather, but everyone else’s did. (Or something similar, it’s been a while.) so I was using the 26s at KONT with some crazy tailwinds. When I realized everyone wanted the 08s, I figured something was off, updated and got the live weather.

And maybe didn’t know left versus right traffic for a session.

5 Likes

When i first tried atc, not familiar about pattern works/sequencing or the make a 360 for spacing. So every time one ask for inbound, I immediately clear them to land eventhough they’re still 25nm to destination😅.Now been part of TSATC :)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.