So I was wondering what other people do before requesting pushback! Any suggestions?
There are several topics covered on the forum. Search is your friend my friend
Check this out:
Did not see, I checked the forum but did not find anything. I’m sorry about that.
You could also check out the VirtualHub app. Honestly the amount of times I’ve recommended this app is crazy, but it’s an all round brilliant app. (Free as well!)
When clicked on, these separate checklists provide more detail of what should be checked before certain parts of flight.
Here’s their thread:
Thx for your replies. This can close now. :D
I know virtual hub have checklists, it’s free
EDIT: didn’t realise already been said:
- File flight plan
- Turn off strobes and landing lights
- Look at where I plan to taxi to so I get an idea of my turns.
- Did I put fuel in the tanks?
- configure the bottom bar with any changes I need to make
- If its a busy airport, I start engines before pushback so I do not delay others taxiing behind me. If its just me, I leave them off until pushed.
- Request pushback
That’s for Xplane 11😂
I usually go over my flight plan. And there is another topic on this already
What I do before requesting pushback:
- Spawn in
- Reposition my airplane so it is perfectly aligned with the gate (sometimes I spawn in and the plane is a little crooked from the gate)
- Turn on seatbelt sign, no smoking sign, and NAV lights
- Set the three maps (MAP, MAP with flight plan, and HUD MAP) to my desire (hide uncontrolled airports)
- Fix the wing views by zooming out
- File flight plan with Simbrief and fpltoif.com
- Fuel tanks
- Load passengers and cargo
- Make note of cruising altitude
- Start In-Flight Assistant
- Briefly start the first engine so the welcome message turns on and then shut the engine back down.
- Turn on beacon lights
- Maybe turn on engines (I don’t normally turn them on until after pushback)
- Request pushback (or pushback if it is unicom)
FIf you look at the top it has the IF logo. Trust me, it’s IF
- Calculate V speeds
- Input them to IF Assistant
- Check controls
- Start LiveFlight connect and IF instruments
- Get the charts for the current airport
Where/how do you calculate V speeds?
Online guides with tables
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.