As a future increase of general aviation airplanes in Infinite Flight is inevitable, I present to you one of the most common GA airplanes flying today: the Beechcraft Bonanza G36. It is being used by all kinds of pilots, from business people to student pilots. More than 17,000 Bonanzas have been build.
Brief history and variants
The original Beechcraft Bonanza G35, aka the forked-tail doctor killer, was introduced in 1947. There have been three main variants since:
- G35 // 1947–1982 // Original version, V-tail
- G33 // 1959–1995 // Conventional tail version of the G35
- G36 // 1968–2020 // Stretched model G33, still in production
The Bonanza is still one of the most prominent GA planes in the skies today.
Why the G36?
There are several reasons why I’m requesting the G36, a few of them are:
- Most modern version, making it stay relevant for a long time to come
- Best flight characteristics of the three
- Most modern cockpit with displays making it easier to develop (to my understanding)
- It’s my favourite ;)
I hope this is worth your vote as we welcome more high quality GA aircraft to the Infinite Flight fleet!
Credit: Textron Aviation
For those who would like to learn more: