Becoming Grade 4 after 4 years! (Thank you all for your support!)

Today I will finally get one step closer to my life long dream (well not lifelong, but…) of becoming a Grade 5. After four years, today I am becoming a Grade 4. I am aware that some of you are able to upgrade faster and all that stuff, but I just was wondering if anyone could give me an estimated time of how long it will take for me to become Grade 5

I’ve already been PM’d about why it’s taken me so long to upgrade so here is why:

Starting IF at such a young age, I had no idea what anything was, what the waypoints (triangles to me at the time) were. I did not do my first full flight until five months ago. I started it so young because I had a passion and I wanted to continue that passion.

13 Likes

Congratulations! Keep pushing on and you’ll be up there with the best 👍🏻

1 Like

Thanks, that truly means a lot!

1 Like

Nice to see someone achieve what they want in infinite flight. Good job now next stage is getting to grade 5. Just don’t rush into it.

1 Like

Thanks! This is why the community is great, the support everyone gives

2 Likes

Congratulations!! I can totally relate to your story wow.

1 Like

I hit grade four just now lol. I’m only doing it this once though because it’s too difficult to keep up the landings and stuff

2 Likes

Congratulations on making this acheviment, hope you have a fun time on your road to grade 5!

1 Like

Thanks so much everyone! Does anyone know how long until Grade 5

Show me a pic of you status and i can tell you

1 Like

I’m at school, I’ll upload it later.

Sure thing

1 Like

What a cool message! And good on you taking time to reach a goal. Don’t forget: the road of getting to your goal, may just be as relevant as reaching the actual goal.

Enjoy your new Grade, use it with dignity. 🌷

4 Likes

Well done!

1 Like

Congratulations on Grade 4! :)

1 Like

What is your total landing count?

Assuming you just crossed the 250 threshold for grade 4, I would look at it this way:

To reach grade 5, you need 200 landings in the preceding 90 days, along with the 750 total. So, if you were to start maintaining that pace (200 every 90 days), it would take 7-8 months. Given that life usually requires some cushion, my estimate would be:

Approximately 9 months

When you get to 750 landings, that should also cover the XP and hours requirements.

2 Likes

I guess I’ll add this though: if you went crazy and did ten landings a day, every day, you’d be there in less than two months. So the time could vary greatly.

1 Like

Congrats on Grade 4 !! Very well done! Continue with a good flight planning and be always ahead of your aircraft and Grade 5 will be yours in a matter of time. Do not push yourself, there is no reason to compete with the ones who made it the fastest way. As you said, you had a passion, you worked yourself all the steps up to Grade 4 and i am sure you will continue with the same passion until the final Grade, 5, is yours :)

1 Like

Thanks. It actually means more to me being Grade 4 and it taking so long because I have worked hard to get here

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for your kind words, they mean a lot!

1 Like