Becoming an IFATC

Hello,

My name is Kol, Mathieu ( my second name) and i really want to become an IFATC. The reason why is that, for the past few days, i saw very good ATC in expert server. ( They are all good, I’m just trying to say that it’s my first time coming to ES and i was speechless). Especially yesterday with Cape Town approach. I really took these ATCs as a model, a goal, i really want to become like them. Is there anyway to be recruited as an IFATC? How long it takes to become an official IFATC?

Thank you in advance for your lecture, and forgive me for English mistakes.

Kind regards

13 Likes

Hello @Mathottoman!

Please read link below for requirements to see if you can join. We hope to see you become IFATC soon! :)

4 Likes

Hi it can take up to 1month or more.
Go look the thread above.
If you have any questions ask them to @TaipeiGuru he is the best controller 😉

1 Like

That strongly depends. When applying, make sure you meet all the requirements as linked above, and make sure you tell your recruiter all the requried information. If you say something like ‘can i be IFATC’ chances are they’ll skip over it. Make sure that you don’t rush the testing and training process, take your time; make sure you familiarise with all the tutorials before taking the test. It is far better to be well prepared and pass the first time than fail, and having to wait 2 weeks to take it again. Good luck!

1 Like

That varies from person to person. Some in may take weeks, others may take months & others may to longer. It’s well worth it no matter how long it may take you in the end. 😉

Thank you for your answers! I saw the IFCATC thread, and if i understand it right, i have to take a writing test ( with some questions i guess). To get this knowledge, do i have to watch the Air trafic control playlist on infinite flight’s YouTube channel? Is the test that difficult? Because I’m getting very nervous when i have to do tests…
And how is the training? Is there schedules, or it’s private courses/classes one on one with a trainer?

1 Like

I would highly suggest to watch the videos atleast once, read the manual and understand it well.
When you do the written bring a pen and a paper.
And most important one. To ask questions.
No seriously ask questions. In my opinion vidoes and the manuals helps but not like asking questions

Yes. All the information you need to know is in the ATC manual and the tutorials. The way training works is that 3-4 aircraft fly patterns, and you control them, then after the session the trainer gives you feedback. The practical works the same way, except you’re being tested and evaluated on your controlling during it. The only difference is that training isn’t a test.

Since you’re grade 3 now.
The only thing you will need is to get 500 ops.
And go through the requirements above.
(I think you’re older than 14)

If i understood it right, the writing test, it’s a test to enter the IFATC training center right? I was planning to write all importants informations of all videos in a paper. But @Mstical you told me that ‘’ ask questions ‘’, to who am i supposed to ask? Since i thought that the writing test is personal and private to have an access to the IFATC training center

Open an ATC tracking thread with this information
but before you do that, start ATC controlling on TS in smaller airports such as EGCC, EIDW, KEWR, etc.
then move on to major airports in the middle of the day when it’s not at the peak hour. When you feel you’re experienced enough, start controlling EGLL, KLAX etc. but just a warning: it’s a very high workload, especially on the TS where hardly anyone listens to your instructions. Start watching Tyler’s ATC tutorial videos here
make sure to navigate to that channel and watch all the videos.

When you think you’re up for it, go to this page where you can contact a recruiter and schedule an IFATC written exam. For this exam I recommend you to utilize a pen and paper for drawing out situations. Before taking this exam, make sure you know this atc manual and learn the tower and ground part off by heart. Upon passing the written, you should contact a trainer here so he can schedule a few sessions to prepare you for your practical exam.
Personally, I’m about to take the practical exam later on this week, so I hope to see you aboard IFATC soon!

And as always, EVERYONE needs motivation. Here’s a really good motivational video on YT.

I wish you all the best of luck, and hope to see you working alongside me in the future in IFATC!

Rian

I am more than happy to help :)
Asking is never private. But with limits ofcource.
Don’t ask what are the questions 😂.

Ahaha haha, i thought i would look younger on my profil picture, but yeah I’m almost 20! And my infinite flight profil indicates me ( top right corner of the screen on the ATC menu ) that i have 775 operations. I think I’m eligible to apply, no?

you sure are

Ah yes, I can see people like touching these links

@Riilanz your message was the kindes! THANK YOU! I hope to work with you very soon too!
If i get it right that’s all the steps :

• Watch YouTube videos
    -Learn ATC manual
  • Contact an IFATC member to have some practical tests
  • Contact IFATC member for the written exam

And then my courses starts?
I’m really confused since my English isn’t that good, i hope that i have all of the informations and steps to follow

Yep, contact a recruiter.
With all the info need.
Please don’t say (I want to be an IFATC)
List your info.
And wait a day or two, he will contact you, if eligible he will send you a link for your written test. If passsed then you have 2 options.
Either do the practical and enter. Or to get Training.
I Higly recommend to get training. It usually takes 2 weeks if you’re really motivated z but if you’re lazy it would take months if not more.

The first ones you got right, but you first contact a recruiter, he will first schedule a written test, then, once you pass, he will schedule a practical

Watch videos, read the manual (do you have it?)
If you have any questions, ask me.
never say I don’t have question.
The manual doesn’t even cover 65 percent in my opinion if not less.
Always ask.

Yep, get training before that practical.