Become an IFATC

Hey all IFATC ,

I make this little topic for say that I would like to become an IFATC but I’m afraid I’m not up to the task when it comes to controlling, could someone give me some advice? And also that we organize a training session where I control let’s imagine 5 IFATC with Ground, Tower and approach?

If anyone would like to make what I’ve said before please let me know in the comment.

Thanks in advance.

Have a great day !

Baptiste D.

1 Like

You should create an ATC Tracking Thread following this tutorial. As you train in TS there isn’t really an issue for doing things wrong, and the majority of the pilots that go there are from the IFC, and they simulate a pattern, and after they are done, they give feedback.

2 Likes

Well it’s just expert server sometimes the airport is very busy but then you will be able to handle the airport

1 Like

Hi, don’t be afraid of not being up to the task. Create a tracking thread, as said above, control there frequently, and soon IFATC people will start coming to your sessions. As for Ground, Tower, Approach session, in IFATC for Approach there is a separate exam, so you won’t need to worry about it for now. Also, personal advise, try controlling at Manchester (EGCC). It has 2 runways, quite good traffic and, most of all the, quality of pilots is very good for TS, or at least in my experience.

2 Likes

Hey!
If you want to apply for IFATC check out this link.

If you want to practice before applying there the best is to check out the tutorials here on the forum and on YouTube. Another possibility to practice before applying is a tracking thread.
Here is an example for such a tracking thread.

1 Like

Making a tracking thread is definitely going to be one of the best options out there, they are super beneficial to your success, and it’s the entire reason I got into IFATC. Additionally, I made a topic that was specifically pointed at people such as yourself, check it out!

1 Like

Want me to join you on that on Training Server?

1 Like

Thanks for all of your reply I go create an IFATC tracking thread later in day, I think for 21:00 (CET) all would like to join feel free to join !

Thanks a lot !

1 Like

I’ve 0.06 for the landing/violation ratio is less than 50% ?

Yep, 50% is 0.50

1 Like

Oh okay so it’s good !

1 Like

Hey all I’ve create my ATC Tracking Thread