Beautiful Landing shot at Tan Son Nhat International Airport

1st flight on expert today since I got my grade 3 back (Don’t worry I didn’t lose it to violations or ghosts, I took a long hiatus from IF so my landings in 90 days are what caused me to go to grade 2. I had a nice 200 fpm landing Tan Son Nhat International Airport sadly this landing was not without flaws, my alignment was really off, I came close to the edge of the runway a few seconds after touchdown but it was an easy resolve. Another error is a floated a little too much, but I still had good excess runway when I came to a stop and was even able to use the exit everyone else was using. Now even though the alignment was off, it still looked safe enough which is why I didn’t go around (it ended up being safe, never left the runway and got back aligned quite quickly ounce on the ground). On replay mode I took this photo, the miss-alignment isn’t really visible on it so it looks really nice.

Route: Hong Kong to Tan Son Nhat International Airport
Time: Night (Time was changed to sunrise during the replay to provide a better photo)
Server: Expert Server

I would like to especially thank the controllers that were online at the time of this photo, the airports were extremely busy and they really did their best and made it an extremely enjoyable experience for me. If any controllers are reading this, this is Cathay 387 saying thank you. Without further ado enjoy the photo and please do tell me what you think of it in the replies.

9 Likes

Stunning shot! Live replay is amazing for taking photos, don’t ya think? ;)

1 Like

That shot is beautiful! I love this new high-resolution screenshot capability so much!

1 Like

Nice pic. I’m on my way to Heathrow from Hong Kong and I took off as the moon was setting and the sun was coming up. That was a gorgeous transition from night to day.

1 Like

100%, before live replay, these photos were impossible (Unless you wanted to try and perfectly time a screenshot of someone else landing), now it’s as easy as pausing the replay and going into free camera, really happy with this update!

1 Like

The screenshot was originally even higher res then this ;) I just had to downsize it because it was too big for the website lol

Nice picture, I hope you had a good flight.

1 Like