Be satisfied with what you have

Guys, here is another pointer.

Please be satisfied and appreciate what you have in the app. You have literally just got the Dash released to you if you are on Android, and will be soon if you are on iOS.

The day after, Do not go 'Wouldn’t it be amazing to have xxxxxx or this needs to be added!

I do not think you appreciate how much work goes in to the development process of every release that is pushed, by the devs, alpha and beta testers. It is 24/7 work… Laura and Philippe and others are up to silly hours in the morning, especially close to the release date to get it to be as amazing as it can be. And this release has been a big one with a new UI, Dash 8, which has been challenging with it being totally new, no simple basis to develop it from and more that is not so obvious.

The features tab has been full of requests since the new release. Just give it a rest. By all means, post about what you would like to see, but maybe not so soon after a release. It has the potential to make the devs feel that you do not appreciate the work that they have done to bring you this.

Now you see why aircraft cannot all be free. An awful lot of time and effort goes into every release, and people need to live off this app. So please, stop complaining about that too.

54 Likes

Great topic Caleb! It’s good to create a helpful reminder to keep the feature category clean and give the devs some well deserved rest. :)

7 Likes

Well Said Caleb. :) Great post.

4 Likes

they also get paid…just saying. But they do great work and put in the long hours.

2 Likes

but how do you think they get paid? it is from the sales…

1 Like

Exactly my point haha. I enjoy the sim and respect the work they do.

I said it haha :) [quote=“planemadblog, post:1, topic:29052”]
Now you see why aircraft cannot all be free. An awful lot of time and effort goes into every release, and people need to live off this app. So please, stop complaining about that too.
[/quote]

I agree. I don’t really see the point in feature requests for A320 or Dash 8 liveries. They just got released and FDS would never be able to satisify every demand. They can’t add every single livery for each variant. Otherwise IF will keep going round in circles and not really advance.

8 Likes

Amen to that! There have been so many Sukhoi Superjet 100 livery requests today, if I see another I’ll be sick.

3 Likes

Great point mate, I see what you mean it is getting a bit out of control. Through you need to undertsand this is a community, and people are people :)

2 Likes

there were only 2 from me

1 Like

3 (or more, can’t remember) by @Freddiefrogs.

3,but i was first,so I’ll post only one feature per day with SSJ,because I really love this aircraft and as I know you like it too

1 Like

The problem is, an idea to separate livery requests and plane request is *Stupid. Its simply pointless cause livery is part of a plane. Or you think somebody requests just a plane with generic livery?

@LSZH34 Agree with you)

1 Like

There is no need to name names.

1 Like

Sorry. I didn’t originally, but them someone said they only posted two.

I agree what your saying, but lets also not have our default settings on always defending IF

1 Like

Why would I not defend IF? Anyway. Thus is off topic. So let’s stick to the topic…

I know but, we made plenty if post saying good things about IF and of course certainly im agreeing what your saying, there is obvoulsy no way we have all these liverys for all the aircraft, its possible but not at this is, but theree plenty of post thats defends the core and the hard bases of IF.

1 Like

Agree 100+%.