Battery

Hi guys, I am doing a flight and my battery dropped from 95% to 65% in 2 hours, Is that normal?

Yes, I recommend you to turn on low power mode in settings and use your charger when flying.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for your help

1 Like

Turn on Battery Saving Mode in General Settings. This is normal because IF is using all device components, from the Screen to Speaker to Gyro-thingy whatever you call it… Not forgetting the connection to Wifi

Thanks a lot for the help, now I understand.

1 Like

I always keep my device on charge from the time of me putting AP on to my Approach ;).

Happy Flying!
1 Like

What phone do you have?
BTW that’s normal. To save battery go to Settings > General > Enable Low Power Mode. Than go to Settings > Graphics > Turn Anti-Aliasing off, and turn the rest of the graphics to low.
Hope that helped!

1 Like

My only question about IF, is what does Anti-Aliasing do in reference to the gameplay?

1 Like

Anti-Aliasing makes everything smoother. Without that, all the lines (Runway, taxiway, etc.) look like they’re not connected. It doesn’t make such a huge difference while in the air though.

1 Like

Ok thanks, I`ll test that out later ;)

1 Like

Oh, thanks , that’s a new thing i got to know today, thanks, I’ll also try that.

1 Like

so much final with " 30 sec your device ll turn off and …oops

1 Like

Welcome to the community!!!

Just thought to leave a note, connecting your mobile device constantly to power source will definitely harm your battery, since your battery will be capped at full capacity at a long period of time (if you fly long hauls)

Just something that I will usually do is drain my battery prior to takeoff, and then I will takeoff with only probably 15% of battery and charge the device, then all the electricity charged can be fully utilised by the device.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community it’s is fun here

Welcome it’s really good here you will like it we talk about problems features like new plane that we could have you could attend event and there is a lot more also you could be atc and expert sever or fly for a virtual!

1 Like

You can also set your screen brightness to the lowest so it will use less battery.

Does keeping the charger when flying is bad for the device and the battery?

Over time, yes. It does start to deteriorate the battery however by following steps like lowering graphics and using low power mode, you can lessen the risk of this occurring.

1 Like

This is why, I won’t recommend keeping the charger when flying.