Battery Life In 19.2

After updating IF to 19.2, I have noticed that the battery life of my Ipad has gone wayyyy down because of the massive size. And low power mode doesn’t turn on too often because I don’t turn on altitude for A/P on certain planes.

Should I still use the same traditional tactics for preserving battery, or are there better ways?

Couldn’t find topics to answer my question

1 Like

Here are a few ideas:

Settings on your iPad

• Reduce screen brightness to the minimum
  • Close all apps
  • Enable Low Power Mode
  • Disable all messages
  • Enable „Do Not Disturb“ mode

Settings in Infinite Flight

• Reduce all graphic settings to the lowest position
  • Set plane count to minimum
  • Enable „Hide Plane Dots“ and „Hide Plane Name“
  • Enable Automatic Low Power Mode anyway
  • Disable IF-Connect and ForeFlight Link
  • Don’t change the camera view during your flight. Stick with HUD
8 Likes

To add on to what Marc said, a few beta testers have also noticed that the cables we use to charge our iPads may not be as great as they use to be when they came out of the box. I’d recommend checking to see if you have another charger and/or cable to keep your device topped off.

I’ve noticed my battery drain in the past. I replaced the charge cable and it seemed to have resolved the issue. Since then, I have not had any battery issues. Something to consider.

12 Likes

But doesn’t constantly charging your battery when is use, ruin your battery even more?

2 Likes

Not that I’m aware of. Anytime I’m flying on the server, I’m always plugged in. Same thing on my long hauls. Always plugged in sitting about 10ft away from my wifi router for the best connection possible.

3 Likes

Same here. It really makes a difference

1 Like

So just keep the Ipad plugged in and I’ll be fine?

From what i’ve read yea, but i’d recommend only during cruise as it’ll get extremely hot on taxi/takeoff/landing

Yes, it will hurt your battery health.

How do you guys deal with heat buildup, especially on an iPhone? Does heat damage the battery?

I’m on an iPhone 6s. With the recent update I have seen an increase in lag, but have had a decrease in heat. I’d prefer lag over heat though.

Lower your graphic settings, and optimize your device. Don’t blame only the app for the overheating.

1 Like

You should probably read that article. It was pretty bad and contradicting ;)

4 Likes

I picked one at random.

According to Battery University, “Li-ion does not need to be fully charged, nor is it desirable to do so. In fact, it is better not to fully charge, because a high voltage stresses the battery” and wears it away in the long run.

Charging your phone when it loses 10 percent of its charge would be the best-case scenario, according to Battery University. Obviously, that’s not practical for most people, so just plug in your smartphone whenever you can. It’s fine to plug and unplug it multiple times a day.

Or…

Better?

@Trio I’d look at the first two paragraphs in the link below. Technology today has features built in to prevent overcharging.

Yes, in the long run. But on a mobile phone or tablet - not unless you leave it in quite a hot environment and keep it there for a longer time period. Nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

Just now i start using my new iPad pro 2019 12.9 .
Why’s that . because the old ones losing the battery life too fast i buy a new cable and I changed everything to new but i have same problem .
So if i have problem now maybe the new update need update .

Is this Battery Drain issue a individual matter or a more wide-spread problem that has affected many, 'cause I personally haven’t noticed any difference in battery drainage after Update 19.2, on my 2018 iPad Pro 12.9-inch?

Then again, during cruise, I do keep it plugged in for charging, so may be that’s why I haven’t seen the battery draining away faster, but during those time I do not have it plugged in, that is when I takeoff, Land, Taxi, ascend during takeoff and descend before landing, in those periods, I see the battery to drain away as usual, not that much at all. Oh and it is plugged in for charge even when I’m at the gate, so in that sense if having it plugged in all day long would ruin the battery life, well not really, as I have not seen any decrease in battery life, and the capacity will decay with time, so that part is natural that the battery will shorten it’s life-span little by little over time.

2 Likes

Exactly which part of your post has anything to do with what this topic is about?

2 Likes

I was just talking in general since we don’t know which iPad model OP is using. You’re in good hands OP with @schyllberg and @DeerCrusher to figure it out ;)

1 Like

FYI I’m using Ipad 2017