Battery Issues

I’m on Low graphic settings and have limit frame rate on. I have anti alising off too

1 Like

Ok there’s a few things that can be done to hopefully save your battery:

• When doing a long haul flight change the time to night and go to exterior locked free cam and point it to the sky. This makes sure that unnecessary scenery rendering won’t occur as you won’t see it. Relieving some stress on your device.

• Put on low power mode from the Infinite Flight settings as well as your own device.

• Put all graphics to low.

• Close any apps running in the background.

• Put your phone on a cool surface so it does not over heat and it won’t drain the battery.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Also please note that you will of course be able to enjoy 21.1! Laura and the beta team have been testing 21.1 on many devices to ensure everyone has a smooth 60fps whilst using Infinite Flight. I would imagine you might see a blog post about the correct settings to use when flying with 21.1 depending on your device.

1 Like

I Will try all of these things… just a bit annoying that i have to limit so many things just to use the sim but ig i can’t do much abt that. thanks for the help :)

2 Likes

oh okay thank you, i heard somethng abt device performance coming to 21.1, part of the reason i’ve been eager for it’s arrival lol. Fingers crossed everything runs a bit smoother with the new update ig lol

1 Like

Check this post out for more settings:

Are you using an Apple charger (one you got with the iPhone)?

Hi, sometimes the amount of watts which your device is using your battery can be greater than the amount your charger is providing you. So i would recommend always charging your phone at a 100% first, then do a little restart and then start your flight.

Yes they are.

2 Likes

oh ty i will try this on my next flight, meant to be flying my longest flight in IF yet in 2 hours, fingers crossed lol

I’m sorry if I missed anything in the thread but lowering your screen brightness and lowering your audio is a big help here too. I lower mine just about all the way once in at cruise. Displays generate heat and eat up battery even when on the charger.

1 Like

Yes make sure to use the low power mode from the IF app, and lower brightness

1 Like

I usually do keep my device brightness low and have no sound when on cruise, only when on takeoff, landing and listening to ATC i have higher brightness and sound

2 Likes

There could also be an issue with the charger. How old is it do you know?

1 Like

When I hear Apple and Charger together, that’s one of my biggest complaints with Apple. The charging system (wall connection, charging cable and battery) have underperformed for years in my opinion. I’ve had more issues with the wall connections and cables more that any other devices in my house. We have 3 Surface Book’s, 3 Kindle HDs, Wii U, and 3 iPhone 12 Max’s, Apple is the lousiest when it comes to battery charging and battery performance.

3 Likes

I agree. After using the charger for a while the level of battery it gives drops by a lot. It’s almost as if the lightning bolt is just for show as you watch the % go down.

1 Like

To counter this issue buy a iPad charger. since it has more voltage to deliver. or any other fast chargers. iPhone chargers are known for their low power supply when using the device. it should only be used when the phone is not in use. when you want to use your phone and game at same time use as stated an fast charger or an iPad charger with more power.

1 Like

about 4 months

So are ipad chargers better, potentially solving the issue?

Yes they are better because they provide more power. Optional you can use a mac book power brick or any other Apple fast charger.

1 Like