Banning certain planes in certain areas.

I think the devs won’t be happy your calling it a game.

2 Likes

That would actually be really difficult and complicated.

2 Likes

And a waste of time

I see it as a sim but I’m on about the people that like to play it for fun etc it’s our choice on what livery to pic and it would cause unnecessary ghostings etc

I don’t care about casual and training I don’t fly on them it’s the EXPERT SERVER THATS NO SO EXPERT

2 Likes

It’s very complicated. Look, airlines lease aircraft to each other. Last year Qatar leased some of its A320s to BA, ASL to sunwing, and now Qatar has leased a330s to Air Canada. I used a QR aircraft on the AC2402 route today to simulate the lease. So for me, this one won’t work. Sorry.

1 Like

Not to mention logistical issues. Like, what kind of margin are you giving? And what about oceans? Are they just not allowed to land in foreign areas but can overfly? What’s the punishment?

3 Likes

OP: read this great post by Tim. Pretty much sums up this problem here.

1 Like

Expect isn’t realism Expert pilots follow rules. Not follow what livery they can and can’t use…

1 Like

Infinite Flight isn’t for experts, go play P3D or some PC sim. Or better, fly IRL (which I see you’re already doing, props)

1 Like

Expert is meant to be as realistic as possible …

I don’t see the harm, it’s the joy of having multi-player, people able to just fly whatever they want without having to deal with the chaos of the other server

Oh my god you can’t even land in the ocean and if you try to land in the ocean you should be banned from infinite flight.

1 Like

When it comes to produces. Not livery’s.

its not that big a deal, some people just dont know or dont mind, or forget to switch the livery. We shouldn’t ban people from flying certain aircraft liveries in certain areas just because its not realistic. It is just a game.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree with that

2 Likes

Chill, bro. You’re allowed to land in the ocean if you so desire. It’s called simulating an emergency?

1 Like

I meant overflying the oceans, like where would the cutoff be for “okay” areas

You know some aircraft manufacturer, like Airbus, have their manufacturing plant in Europe. You’ll see a lot of foreign liveries there, because that’s where the plane is being assembled. You’ll definitely see an American Airlines A319 fly from Toulouse to the United States, with stops along the way.

Same with Boeing. You’ll see a Ryanair 737 fly from the US to Europe, with a possible stop in the United States somewhere.

People can recreate this in Infinite Flight if they want to

7 Likes

If this were to be implemented into the game it would lower the database of pilots. ten-fold. Sure, having Southwest at EGLL is unrealistic and not true to life. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t following the rules. It would be realistic for domestic airlines that don’t fly into other countries.

But for international airlines it would be harder. Are we allowing them to fly over oceans, are they only allowed into one airport in the country. Should they fly over pre-set tracks that they have to fly over because they fly to 3 airports in said country. What about aircraft, if they fly the 777 over to America but not the 787, are we not allowing the 787 to make the trip?

It would be hard and time-consuming adding this feature into IF. For partly the reasons listed, but also for just common sense.

7 Likes