Bank Angle Selector

I think this would be a really cool thing to add to infinite Flight. For those of you who don’t know what it is, basically you turn a little dial and it limits how far the aircraft can bank on an autopilot turn. It would make flying more realistic, because we wouldn’t always have to do 25° turns. What do you all think?

53 Likes

Such a good idea. I’ve always wanted this because IRL aircraft do not bank at 25 degrees during cruise.
This would especially work well with LNAV.

34 Likes

Do you know inflight assistent? It’s a app that contains everything including bank angle warning, pull up, and co-pilot support. It adds realism to your flight.

2 Likes

Yes but does it limit the bank angle.

12 Likes

What do you mean by this?

Great idea. It will go very well with LNAV & VNAV

1 Like

He means control how much the plane banks (which the app doesn’t do)

6 Likes

Stop you exceeding a bank angle of say 10 degrees. In real life you select how many degrees of bank a plane turns during its flight. In Infinite flight its set to 25 degrees. A good feature would be for use to set a bank angle.

5 Likes

Maybe the IFassistent could do a update on bank angle. I now understand what you mean here.

@MacGamer04 does not mean a bank angle warning. He means a selector so you can set how hard the autopilot turns. It is simply too unrealistic if the plane banks 25 degrees while in cruise. This is a great idea!

8 Likes

that won’t be possible until fds puts out an api to the public that would allow you to control flight dynamics on the simulator
and fds will never do it because they’re literally asking for a carbon copy of infinite flight to be made by someone else if they do

I very strongly support this idea, this would be one of the best features in the Global update! If they add it I’ll be so pleased!

5 Likes

It’s true… I’ve gotten into the habit of disengaging autopilot’s heading just to do turns at a better bank angle!

2 Likes

To be honest, I’ve never dealt with such a thing in real life. Most autopilots are designed to provide a 3 degree per second turn rate which is the standard turn rate.

1 Like

Can you select 90° as the bank angle as part of your feature request?

5 Likes

I knew you were gonna say that. In fact, I was waiting for you to say that. Buy no you can’t, the limit irl is I think 30°

1 Like

Well screw IRL, I want these sharp turns, like I do in my 748 on expert

7 Likes

Well then IF isn’t for you if you don’t like realism.

1 Like

I’m 80% sure that Rob is just joking.

5 Likes

Oh yes it is, I’m all for pushing planes to the limit

2 Likes