Bangalore's Kempegowda International Airport (VOBL/BLR)

*Hello ladies and gents,

This is my very first posting here. I’ve only recently installed Infinite Flight on my iPad and I’ve been having a great time flying around. I know that 3D airports are relatively brand new in the sim. I was wondering if the Infinite Flight development team is open to 3rd party content?

I won’t call myself a professional 3D designer. But I do have a 3D file for Bangalore’s Kempegowda International Airport. I designed it in SketchUp. It is textured with default materials just to show a more complete pic. The terminal design is fairly accurate. Textures are generic. Would this be of any use to the development team? If so I am more than happy to do more airports in India.

Regards,
Hayley*

73 Likes

hello and welcome to the community! this model is very impressive, but unfortunately the staff team aren’t accepting third-party models or new modellers

this could change in the future, so keep your eyes peeled on the IFC :)

1 Like

@MishaCamp @Laura please take A look at this! Thanks

2 Likes

Wow you have some fantastic skills, as of now the devs won’t be taking any 3rd party content (they will work on 3D buildings internally only). The sketches look incredible so well done, you could save them for later when maybe the devs accept designs made by community members, though do note we are not sure if this is likely to happen. :)

Also welcome to the community 😊

1 Like

Looks like really well done.

1 Like

Looks amazing! Can you do other Indian airports?

2 Likes

It looks perfect mate!

3 Likes

Simply amazing!

3 Likes

Not sure if the IF team can do anything with that model but having been to VOBL so many times can say that looks so accurate and amazing! Would love to have it in the sim. But again no clue if devs can do anything with it.

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome and clarification. I’ve just finished designing the surrounding buildings used for cargo ops and so on. Will post images soon.

1 Like

Thank you. My offer for this CAD work still stands and if anyone at Infinite Flight wants to use it. I am more than happy to hand over the CAD work. Default textures used for other Infinite Flight 3D airports can be used too.

2 Likes

Which Software did you use for this?

1 Like

As mentioned in my opening post, I’ve used SketchUp for these. I’m unsure as to whether models designed in SketchUp can be used in Infinite Flight. But I have done a few models for people for FSX in the past.

And thanks to for the encouraging replies.

I am more than happy to do the 3D design work for other airports as well. My main interests will be in airports I have a personal connection with like Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Mangalore, Mysore, Hubli, Chennai and Kolkata. But always happy to do more.

Wow! Your work looks great!

I feel at the moment Infinite Flight will continue with more basic modelled structures and specific major landmarks at airports like at SFO, LAX and LHR. Hopefully in the longer future your great work may make it into the game dependent on its 3rd party initiative, I’d definitely support you if it does!

3 Likes

Wow! This is great work!

I doubt the staff are accepting third-party 3D model artists though…but still, if you manage to get on their radar, you never know!

2 Likes

Amazing model! I hope for you that IF are looking for some more 3d devs, you would make a great addition to the team.
As far as I know, in the current release, the 3d buildings don’t support rounded terminals, like Bangalore’s wave-shaped terminal.
Awesome work once again!

2 Likes

Thanks. Fingers crossed. I am sure that if IF’s dev team allow 3rd party content, they can introduce 3D airports much quicker.

3 Likes

Thanks, and thank you for that unusual bit of information. I was not aware about the odd shaped buildings as being a problem. I hope this is something that can be changed in future as Dubai will be the next on my radar then for a more accurate terminal building.

Though in comparison, Bangalore’s terminal is still box like with only the canopy being a wave.

Time will tell.

1 Like

They don’t have any immediate plans for that - but you never know! Maybe once all the airports are complete or something, they might open them up to the community to keep them updated.

1 Like