Banana vs Animals ( FINAL FLIGHT )

Well my short weekend here in Atlanta, Georgia has came to an end since the convention is now over and I need to get back home soon since 4th of July is coming up and I want to do something with my family back home so as I make my way to Atlanta’s Hartsfield Jackson Intl Airport I’m asking everybody what they want to do we will probably be doing a cookout, anyways like I said in the 1st segment of this trip, I’m flying frontier from here in Atlanta all the way back home to Miami 🏝️😎 as I use this opportunity to compare spirit and frontier on this very competitive route and let know next time I come to Atlanta, should I compare American to Delta? I really want to and I think it would be fun. Now to be honest, I’m a bit worried about this flight usually I’m never like this and I enjoy flying and it’s not the actual flight I’m worried about I’m more worried about how it GOES. I’ve NEVER flown frontier neither do I know anybody who has and from what I have read, people say frontier is WORSE than spirit as in the crew is rude, delays are more common and their customer service is HORRIBLE but, we’re gonna see how they REALLY are like! Let’s get checked in and let’s go back home to South Florida!

Flight Info

Origin: Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Intl 🇺🇸 ( KATL )
Destination: Miami Intl 🇺🇸 ( KMIA )
Flight Time: 1:29
Airbus A320-200 ( Frontier - Hugh the Manatee )
Server: Expert

Remember how I had a sucky gate at ATL when I arrived Friday? Well I have ANOTHER one in fact it’s ACROSS from the gate my spirit flight parked on Friday but anyways here is the A320 taking us back to the 305 this afternoon and I gotta say, both spirit and frontier have some GREAT liveries. I like the spirit “bare fare” or the banana livery the most sadly I didn’t get to fly it but oh well and I like how frontiers planes all have different animals on their tails pretty cool, anyways we would be flying on Hugh the Manatee’s A320 on this short hop down south but anyways let’s board this bird or really a Manatee but who cares.

Just like my spirit flight, I had the choice of paying up for a more comfortable seat but I’m flying once again the full low cost experience, seats in the back which weren’t as bad as Spirits but they were still tight and I still only have my backpack 🎒 with me. But we still had a great view of the wing and the scenery below us let’s just pushback and get airborne for MIA!

Sure enough, we were airborne and ON TIME which many people say is rare for American ULCCs but honestly I find that nonsense since they always flight out of big hub airports like ATL, DFW, JFK, LAX, MIA etc… and during bad weather conditions in fact I remember watching Jebs Brooks review Allegiant, Frontier and Spirit and in his frontier flight he was going from AUS → MSY and his flight was still able to leave on time despite the weather versus the southwest flight was delayed I think it was because of the ground crew we don’t thank them enough they work along pilots, ATC, flight attendants, gate agents and check in agents to ensure we are safe along our travels!

Climbed up to FL370 and now thank I think about it. air travel is just WAYY to quick we see only 30 minutes into the flight and we were already crossing the Georgia - Florida border! Anyways this time around the crew did come around with their service and I payed up this time, I bought myself a bag of potato chips and a coke simple but good enough service for this trip I’d say 3 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️ for frontier for their service, anyways time to put a rumor to rest, people say their cabin crew are rude but this one was one of the NICEST I’ve had they don’t even compare to the TUI crew I had from Gatwick to Skiathos they were the RUDEST I’ve experienced but these guys were pretty good!

Started our descent not even 1 HOUR after take off from ATL and we made our way the treasure coast before meeting up with South Florida further south, and I’ll say the same thing I said for spirit, you get way you pay for! Now I do agree frontier is a little worse than spirit for example, frontier does NOT offer WiFi on their planes but spirit is starting to add it and they fixed their seats most notably the tray tables sadly I did get an older plane which thankfully was equipped with WiFi but not their new product. But at the end of the day, I paid $76 for this flight from ATL → MIA, if I had to pay more I for sure would have been A LOT more HARSH but for the low price, this is EXACTLY what to expect. so for entertainment, Im going spirit. For crew I have to say frontier but to be honest, it isn’t really fair since my Spirit flight was a 6:00AM departure versus this was about 3-4pm both cabin crew were nice and for the delays, I have to say it’s not a frontier problem for example in the summer flight from MIA are ALWAYS delayed but that’s mostly all from the summer storms which is completely out of control of the airlines and their crew being rude, bad luck is all I have to say really let’s just continue with our approach into MIA now!

Look at that CLEAR view of the coast of Broward County with Pompano Beach, Oakland Park and Fort Lauderdale 🏝️🛥️ the yacht capital of the world 🌎 with a small view of Fort Lauderdale Hollywood Intl Airport ( KFLL ) along with Port Everglades!

Sadly like typical Florida in the summer, once minute we had CLEAR visibility, but now you can’t see anything and this has to happen DIRECTLY OVER downtown Miami way to ruin the views clouds ugh, they did clear out a bit over the Everglades 🐊 but will it stay like this?

Slowing down once again as we are now on final for RWY 09 at MIA and like Florida weather always is, visibility is getting WORSE again and the winds were as well luckily we got in the ground before they could begin becoming crosswinds, in fact the pilots even informed us with the winds + visibility were too bad we would DIVERT to PBI or FLL honestly a diversion to PBI wouldn’t annoy me as it is my local airport but getting my car back from MIA would be the issue though!

TOUCHDOWN! Welcome to a foggy, rainy and windy Miami International Airport! Overall this was a fun experience trying out these 2 rivals on this popular route and it gives me more ideas to test 2 rivals on different routes, I might even do JFK → LHR with Virgin Atlantic vs British Airways to see who’s better but not today, And for the landing spirits was WAY MORE comfortable than this one but than again, it’s the weather so I can’t blame frontier for this one!

Here we’re welcome back to the CENTRAL terminal more specifically concourse F here at MIA! honestly being anywhere here BUT concourse D makes it feel like a completely DIFFERENT airport it doesn’t even like MIA to me as somebody who is probably AAs most loyal customer but it’s cool once in a while to change things up a bit. Next time things will go back to normal and I will actually be heading down to Ecuador 🇪🇨 for the 1st time! So stay tuned for that but as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! 😉👋

12 Likes

So who wins? Banana plane, or wolf plane? 🤨

1 Like

🐊🐂🐆🐒 VS 🍌🍌🍌🍌
Who will win in this fight to be the world’s best low-cost

1 Like

Banana wins

1 Like

And they are MUCH cheaper

Team 🍌🍌🍌🍌 wins

1 Like