Baltimore/Washington Region

Idk what it takes to make these regions and in no way is this supposed to be a pessimistic type of post. I love all the regions and I couldn’t be more content with what the developers have given us so far! But I was just thinking that the region of Baltimore and Washington would be very cool especially the DCSFRA and FRZ areas it would be interesting to see how they are created and or ideas they could come up with for this location! Just a thought!

12 Likes

Id be glad to see to it in the future. BWI is my hometown airport so it would be pretty cool to fly in and out of it.

1 Like

BAL (I refuse to call it BWI!) would be an awesome place to fly the BA 767 ;).

As someone who lives on the east coast and has made quite a few trips down to DC, DCA, IAD, and BAL region would be great.

1 Like

Great idea and amazing kindness but I think I would want Switzerland because of the Alps and the mountains.

I completely agree! BWI is my home airport as well!

2 Likes

I would love to fly the BA 763 into/out of BWI!

2 Likes

home airport 15 min away

This should be included with NY, if they expand to The Tri-State area, and North Carolina. I love BWI’s layout, I love 1 hour away, and there’s a lot of “blue locusts”(Southwest)

1 Like

they are everywhere over here!

1 Like

I worked the Ramps at all the “B” in the DC/Bmore region and flew GA and worked the ramp at a few FBO’s in the region to pay for AvGas. This is a dynamic environment. Mountains to the West the Bay & Ocean to the east, high volume and tempo. The Regional Center and all the ATC nodes employ only the best and most experienced Controllers in the nation because of the nature of the beast. I second the motion for the National Capital Region, with all it restriction as a candidate as a future region for consideration… Max Sends

4 Likes

i see this max sends all the time what is this supposed to mean?

1 Like

Great question.
@Maxmustang

1 Like

@dush19 @Alphajuliet96… It means I like the idea of a Washington, DC Metro Area Region. I worked & flew there and understand the Reginal Restictions and Operational Procedures for “all” the Airports within 75 miles of DCA. Got it?
Max Sends

2 Likes

My home airport where I got my PPL was Harford County Airport 0W3

Bump, bump, bump!

1 Like

I agree BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!

1 Like

Add PHL, DCA, IAD and DAFB to BWI and and all the ancillary and or auxiliary mil and municipal airports within 200 miles in each direction …and you will have one of the most congested corridors in the country …IMHO…A perfect region to learn to fly in…unless you are a drone…

1 Like

IAD is my local airport. I love watching the plane fly over my house every day.

1 Like

My brother in law lives in fairfax near the approach path for northern rwy. I always enjoy going out there. I live about 10 miles from Bwi approach path for 33L

Get to see many more heavies at IAd tho

Yeah the two a380’s fly over my house and the Lufthansa’s 747 also flys over.

1 Like