Bali to Hong Kong in 10 replay screenshots

The McDonnell Douglas MD-11. Once soaring overhead, filled with passengers going about their business, now dwindling in numbers and shifting cargo around the place. Once the remaining few are decommissioned, it’s goodbye forever. Well, not today it isn’t. Let’s take to the skies once again with a full cabin of passengers, crew and their luggage and take those memories and heritage out the box again. Shots taken in flight order - 1 being departure and 10 arrival.

We departed Ngurah Rai International Airport, Bali, Indonesia bound for Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong in this Garuda Indonesia operated MD-11 on the expert server. Although the plane is quite old now, the onboard amenities are all in order and passengers wasted no time in getting tucked in to some locally, freshly prepared Nasi goreng served from the trolley by the charming Garuda cabin crew.

Heading out of Bali, we flew over the island of Borneo, cruising at 35,000 feet. 4 hours and 24 minutes later, we were touching down in Hong Kong. Passengers with the window seats were especially happy (and so were we in the cockpit). As we left a very beautiful Bali and headed out over the South China Sea, there were lots of little islands and landscape to observe and of course all the bays and islands around Hong Kong.

And the MD11? Well, it can be a tricky thing sometimes but stick with it and you’ll get the reward as that mass of landing gear kisses the runway and those 3 engines help bring it back to the gate. It has been claimed to be unloved and, in the case of one article, it was said that it’s “too bad nobody ever loved you”. Well I’m throwing in some love right here. Until next time, old friend.

Good times.

41 Likes

Beautiful! Especially the last one! 😍

4 Likes

Love it!
The scenery is amazing

3 Likes

Awesome pictures! The editing on these photos is really nice!

I remember like yesterday when I was doing a SVA group flight and saw that volcano as well!

2 Likes

yOure Supposed tO lAND on 25R In HK NoOoOoo

jokes aside those are some really really beautiful pics, that MD11 cockpit almost looks real wowww

4 Likes

Awsome pics mate!

3 Likes

I’m in Bali right now! Heading back to Hong Kong in a few days for school. Nice pictures.

6 Likes

Wow those are some impressive pictures!

3 Likes

Nice pictures! That’s me on final

3 Likes

Those screenshots are just amazing especially the mountain and the coastline photos!

4 Likes

It certainly is!

1 Like

Looks amazing!
Never experienced the scenery like picture 3 up to 7.

3 Likes

Stunning!

Those are amazing, I like the MD-11, awesome!

3 Likes

Amazing photos
I love the detail that you put into it

2 Likes

The 3rd one is so nice!
Great pics!

4 Likes

Beautiful pictures!!! Great editing

2 Likes

The 3rd and 7th pics 😍>>>>>>

(Ps: Is it edited ? )

2 Likes

Thanks! I keep the editing to a minimum on all my shots. Nothing added, nothing taken away. Everything is as built on the app with no objects pasted into them or cut out. The only thing I do is adjust the tone and contrast slightly on the overall picture which brings out the best of the graphics and light available. Sometimes a slight crop is needed to even out the picture but that’s it.

Goods times.

2 Likes

Amazing! Great photos 😍

2 Likes

Thay are so good.
How do you fly the md11
I crash

1 Like