BAe Hawk T.1 / T.2

As I’m sure you’re all aware, Infinite Flight does offer a selection of fast jets, the F/A-18, F-14, F-16 and F-22. These four aircraft have one thing in common: they are all frontline fighter aircraft, immensely powerful and fuel thirsty. They can also be a bit of a handful to fly, especially in less experienced hands. We also have a choice of far more docile GA aircraft and airliners. One type of aircraft which is not available is the advanced fast jet trainer, an aircraft which has the agility of a fighter, but with less power and friendlier handling characteristics for less experienced pilots. In an attempt to plug this gap in the Infinite Flight fleet, I would like to suggest the addition of the BAe Hawk T.1 and T.2, two very similar aircraft which fit this requirement perfectly.

These aircraft are flown by air forces across the globe in both training and light combat roles. The Hawk T.1 has also been the aircraft of choice for the Red Arrows aerobatic team since 1980.
Some technical statistics:

General characteristics

• Crew: 2: student, instructor
  • Length: 12.43 m (40 ft 9 in)
  • Wingspan: 9.94 m (32 ft 7 in)
  • Height: 3.98 m (13 ft 1 in)
  • Wing area: 16.70 m2 (179.64 ft2)
  • Empty weight: 4,480 kg (9,880 lb)
  • Useful load: 3,000 kg (6,600 lb)
  • Max takeoff weight: 9,100 kg (20,000 lb)
  • Powerplant: 1× Rolls-Royce Turbomeca Adour Mk. 951 turbofan with FADEC, 29 kN (6,500 lbf) 29 kN

Performance

• Never exceed speed: Mach 1.2 (in dive)
  • Maximum speed: Mach 0.84 (1,028 km/h, 638 mph) at altitude
  • Range: 2,520 km (1,360 nmi, 1,565 mi)
  • Service ceiling: 13,565 m (44,500 ft)
  • Rate of climb: 47 m/s (9,300 ft/min)
  • Thrust/weight: 0.65

Armament
Note: all armament is optional.

• 30 mm ADEN cannon, in centreline pod
  • Up to 6,800 lb (3,085 kg) of weapons on five hardpoints, including:
    • 4× AIM-9 Sidewinder or ASRAAM or A-Darter on wing pylons and wingtip rails
    • 2x Umbani or Al Tariq
  • 1,500 lb (680 kg), limited to one centreline and two wing pylons (Hawk T1)

Please let me know what you think of this suggestion in the comments, and if you like it, please consider giving it a vote or, if you have no votes, a like.

Now that is what I call a feature request, you’re listing all the aircraft and giving a good paragraph of description.
Really got to appreciate this as most #features request’s are just the usual “We need this” with a picture.
Nice request,
Regards, 305…

Also, @David_Beckett Did you take that photo? If not please give credits to the photo’s respective owner.
More on this here
Using Other’s Photos

3 Likes

Yes, the photo is mine, it was taken during my trip to the Mach Loop in August. Sorry for not clarifying.

5 Likes

Well in that case, thats one hell of a catch…
Seriously thats a nice shot David, you got some talent!
Regards, 305…

2 Likes

Thanks! I might upload some of my photos from the Mach Loop later on in the Spotting category.

2 Likes

I would love to see this added. I watched them just 100 feet above my head at San Fransisco Fleet Week a few months ago.

2 Likes

Was it a T-45 Goshawk? That’s the only Hawk variant that I’m aware of which is regularly flown in the USA. It’s a training aircraft for the US Navy.

I believe so. I wasn’t able to identify specifically.

1 Like

Added my vote. We need this!!!

1 Like

Thanks for your support!

This is a great request. There really is a need for a fast jet trainer in the sim. Plus this is just an amazing aircraft. I’m envisioning multiple flights of 2 blazing the mach loop on IF servers : )

1 Like

Nice request. Totally support the Hawk T2 for IF 👍

1 Like

Thought I’d bump this up seen as it’s a great request ;)

3 Likes

You have my vote 😁😁 wanted this for a long time

1 Like

This aircraft could be very useful for jet training flights!

1 Like