BAe 146 / Avro RJ

As far as I know British Royal Family is using this aeroplane as well.

1 Like

I’m imagining this with United’s Battleship grey Livery

3 Likes

Oh that is a very pretty livery!

@AmericanEagle I think the Royal Air Force unfortunately retired their last BAe 146-100s and -200s earlier this year. They had a solid run though, and it’d still be cool to see them in Infinite Flight.

@United403 Can’t go wrong with a little retro action, I do like the Saul Bass livery a lot too though.

4 Likes

Also it would be cool to see the rainbow liberty

3 Likes

Turkish Airlines used BAe AVRO RJ as well. It’s a really interesting aircraft I’m out of votes but I would vote for it.

111598_800

5 Likes

Yes, sadly the RAF retired they’re 146s, but they’re still used by qinetiq (shown above) as a trainer plane, they’re based at boscombe Down, where the MOD are!

1 Like

One of the early USAir (US Airways) BAe 146

Source

3 Likes

@United403 Isn’t that also classified as “Saul Bass”? Honestly not sure, I don’t know too much about United’s liveries.

They did indeed, quite a nice livery as well, would be a lot of fun to fly into Austria and Switzerland for example.

@Hector_Wilson Ah very cool!

@George1 Also a very pretty livery. Can’t go wrong with a little chrome.

Both are actually RJ70’s. Used for training student test pilots, at QCFO (QinetiQ Civil Flying Organisation) previously ETPS (Empire Test Pilots School).

They are also used as trials aircraft. Currently one is trialling the new radar, for the RAF’s Eurofighter Typhoon FGR4.

The MOD have a small presence there at Boscombe Down now, along with all three tri services. The site is mostly run by QinetiQ and consists fairly big presence by Boeing too.

1 Like

Yup! It’s know as both. The Rainbow livery is the more official name, but Saul Bass is more commonly used. He’s the one who first designed the Tulip logo!

1 Like

And here it is! Note the UA Express livery did not have the Tulip logo on the tail.
Source

3 Likes

Ah okay, that makes sense.

And yeah I noticed the United Express livery missed that little logo.

1 Like

Bump! One of my favourite planes and definitely one of the most iconic. And, would be nice to see RAF Royal Family livery, beautiful.

1 Like

Behold! Britain’s BEST-SELLING Jet!

2 Likes

Cobham air service australia

1 Like

British BAe 146

Source

3 Likes

We need this for LCY

1 Like

Known as the whisper jet. This aircraft, should be added to infinite flight. 100%. Should be up for vote.

1 Like

Let’s put this to the vote out there. Should the BAE 146, be added to infinite flight?

1 Like