Bad Turbulence

I am currently flying the Delta Airlines A319 from KLGA to KMYR. I am cruising at 35,000 feet MSL over land and the turbulence is very bad. Should I continue the flight because do flights in the real world cruise through bad turbulence or should I quit the flight and restart it but over water? Please let me know!

3 Likes

Continue the flight. flights encounter turbulence all the time. i suggest a new altitude either up or down. this time of year, turbulence is bad and known,

3 Likes

The turbulence is pretty bad, but I should continue the flight?

2 Likes

As said above, continue the flight but change altitude and maybe even flight lan if really needed. I do not see any storms on your route IRL so you should be fine.

Turbulence happens in every flight. I was once in a flight above a small hurricane and someone broke their arm due to turbulence, but the flight continued and mostly everyone was fine.

Continue the flight.

2 Likes

Oof.

Was that the Delta 767 flight that flew through the hurricane?

2 Likes

No, it was a Delta 757 last year during the Pacific Storms.

2 Likes

Man, what’s with Delta and flying that close to hurricanes? 😂

2 Likes

Delta, Keep Climbing 757 gets updrafted by hurricane

3 Likes

All flights encounter turbulence, I just home yesterday, the flight was really rocky (we flew over the rockies… 🤣), but we continued. It will be fine, and is expected this time of year.

and forgot to sign out of the VA account…

1 Like

Ummm… ok then… visible confusion

3 Likes

going from KJFK to KEYW right now, currently have a 157kt head wind with heavy chop. @InfiniteFlight48 I got you out to my left as we speak I think. Had to go down to 360 from 380 and pulled the power back. I’m burning hella fuel on this one ! great fun though

1 Like

Thank you for everyone’s help!

1 Like

And just so you know, whenever you’re flying down the eastern seaboard, it’s always going to be REALLY BUMPY, right over my head in Eastern PA there is a constant 150 mph headwind for planes flying South

1 Like

MANY people have done that. I suggest giving this a read

Should I fly over the Atlantic than?

If you can, change your altitude, if it doesn’t help, maintain the height and just wait. The Atlantic has strong turbulence all the time so don’t worry.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.