Backyard Spotting

Hey IFC,

Do y’all have any suggestions on my backyard spotting setup?

pictures aren’t the best because I’m not best at photograph, and, these planes are flying at cruise

I live in a position where all NE traffic into KDFW flies over head. Hope you like it!

19 Likes

Plano Frisco or McKinney? I’m from west Plano and I see a lot of Addison and Dalls Love Arrivals

1 Like

No, I live in Fort Smith, Arkansas. All arriving traffic from NE flies over FSM VOR, which I’m under.

1 Like

British Airways A380 is flying over soon.

1 Like

Oh cool, the planes might be a little high to spot

1 Like

Yeah, I can usually make them out. The BA380 is turning west, so he might not fly over me anymore 😭

1 Like

Buy a telescope.

3 Likes

I might be stupid but why does that sound like it could actually work?

2 Likes

I have some decent pics
I’m where all KFSD traffic is on downwind and usually about 1,000-2,000ft most of my shots are of FedEx A300F’s or UPS’s A300’s or their 767’s
(Shot on iPhone 8 Plus) (I have a better camera I just can’t import the photos on my phone, it’s a Nikon Coolpix B600 with a impressive 60x zoom) here are my good pictures

1 Like

Yeah I thought about that. My camera is able to see craters on the moon so I call that a W.

2 Likes

It does. A lot of the Eastern European spotters have several thousand dollar setups and get crystal clear shots of aircraft at cruise.

4 Likes

My dad flies into there time to time.

Wow. I thought AndrewWu was crazy

2 Likes

I can get decent shots of planes from a few miles away with my setup but it depends on the conditions. Let me find a picture.

2 Likes

11 Likes

What altitude is that?

1 Like

Very nice!

2 Likes

Anyone want pictures off my camera I can get them I just have to take a picture of the camera too

1 Like

About 5 or 6 thousand. It’s off of the 16 departure at Zurich where they circle back over the airport. Roughly 4 miles away.

2 Likes

I have this picture from FSM

1 Like