B787 feature requests? Question not a feature request.

The B787 has not been released yet and people are already dropping feature requests based on the videos and pictures that Laura and the FDS team have been releasing.

My question is: Are these feature requests going to delay the release even further or are the plans of what the B787 is supposed to be, already set in stone and the devs know what they want for the finished version of the plane they want to release?

4 Likes

Only the devs know, and on previous experience most, if not all 787 feature requests will not make any difference.

This is what I am picturing.

B787 set to be released _______
“I saw on the video that the wing didnt move on touchdown with the wing flex”, feature request…
Release date pushed back…
“This flaperon didnt do what I saw in this video”, feature request…
“This light doesnt blink like this”, feature request…

2 Likes

I believe they do fix whatever they are requested to…as i heard in the podcast i think 1st developer series at least they have to do something about the consumer’s satisfaction!right!and that means of course we have to wait longer for that is time consumed adding those features

1 Like

Maybe I am the odd one out but I am okay waiting if that means a better 787…

2 Likes

that is understandable, my concern is people are picking at an unfinished product without actually seeing how it will actually work. Im pretty sure thats what they beta testers are there for.

Even if this is the case, (which by the way, probably is) I don’t think the date will get pused back too far.
The devs here work around the clock always when theres a big update coming up

1 Like

The beta testers aren’t perfect[quote=“jarno80, post:9, topic:18274, full:true”]
This was to test the beta group, apparently they failed ;-)
[/quote]

thats nowhere near the same thing. mispelling of a word on an object in the plane? might as well play I Spy. That could easily be a typo.

Yeah…you are rightright but Still…"partially right"if that term exists .Actually i don’t know what to answer you.You beat me!but still they might miss some small details that community currently shouts.I mean some i don’t even notice until they are said

1 Like

As seen in this post…those detail request do help into giving the beta team a perfect product[quote=“InfiniteFlightPlays, post:618, topic:36991, full:true”]
Guys a little update: I told Laura that the “spoiler” on the flaperon shouldn’t raise and she answered that she’ll fix it :)
[/quote]

2 Likes

I stand corrected.

1 Like

Why does it matter? It will come when the devs feel happy enough to release it.

Does it matter if it pushes it back a day or two? At the end of the day, it makes the 787 even more realistic and life like!!! So in reality, its making the 787 better!

I’m sure these guys have everything planned all in, what to add. What to reveal when. What liveries to make … all probably a year earlier.

Because designing stuff like liveries takes a lot of time. Esp for the 5 (for now?) Liveries…

I’m probably sure that these shall be ignored (or postponed)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.