B777 problem

The 777’s natural nose up AoA is around 2.5deg. Anymore than that it can cause stability and control issues.

1 Like

Aware of it. Flew the 777 back in 2015 as well. I’ll remember the sea back then. Graphics were amazing for the oceans

1 Like

Thanks guys for help… I did everything but with no avail… So i decided to terminate the flight and stop flying B777 until it get reworked completely as i still don’t understand how to deal with it although not all flight i have flown have suffered from this issue… I appreciate all your help

3 Likes

Try putting more cargo in the front, it works for me. If that doesn’t work then the best you can do is wait till the rework comes and hopefully the issue is solved by then :)

1 Like

Sorry to hear that you had to terminate the flight. If and when you’re free, maybe you can try experimenting. It might help.

1 Like

@s1b2p5 have a look here regarding weight distribution.

Nose Down Cruise

1 Like

Unfortunately because of that issue I still cannot fly my favorite airline with a real life aircraft for specific routes… Sometimes I encounter this issue; sometimes not; still didn’t understand how to deal with 777… Thanks a lot for your help 🙏

1 Like

No problem, glad I could at least try helping. The B777 is my favourite aircraft as well. I hope you can enjoy it again once the rework comes in.

2 Likes

We all have faced this issue at one point or another. I too at one point got very high bouncing, not as high as yours but above 250fpm… but since increased the difference in payload at the front and back, so the front has almost the double as much cargo as the back, to balance it out, and so far it has worked marvelous for 1.5 years running :)

I hope you’re able to fly your favorite airline again on the 777. It’s one of my favorite aircraft too to fly, and many here on IFC can agree to that, the 777 is widely used by many users. Hopefully, they will be able to solve the issue in the near future when they get the hands on the correct, enough amount of data required to fix the problem.

2 Likes

This ^^^^ is probably a big part of your problems.

1 Like

I did increase the speed up to M.84 with no avail… I know it’s the optimal cruise speed for a 777 but that didn’t work for me🙄

So ONCE it’s in that phugoid (look it up-that’s what the technical term is-that or short period I’m not 100% on what we have in IF) it’s really difficult to stop it. Climbing out on a simbrief profile and ensuring that as you level your speed increases will help. Alternatively, keep up with neutral trim as much as you can adjusting the magenta line to nothing as you fly along in the climb etc. If all else fails-lock the VS and turn off ALT

1 Like

A mi ya me paso una vez como lo solucione fácil prácticamente el avion sube por la altura es como si estuviera flotando para la otra dale mas potencia mas empuje tiene que ver tambien el aire supervisa todos los factores pero con poco empuje en los motores es avion se cae pero flota por la velocidad del aire, la potencia es muy importante yo subo a fl340 y y als 10000 ft pongo potencia a 330 knts cuando llego a fl ayudo a bajar la velocidad y lo mantengo en M 0.84

I did all of these… I always climb in accordance with SimBrief climb profile… My rate is calculated based on my GS… Before reaching my selected cruise altitude; I gradually decrease my rate if descent up to 200ft/min 500 feet before reaching the cruise… I trim continuously until the magenta bar disappears as i do with all other aircrafts successfully but I encounter this issue only with a 777… I’m flying now a 787-9 Dreamliner without any single problem and it’s holding its cruising altitude in a highly steady attitude…

Weird. I’ve never had these problems except one time on the A321 which I fixed by swapping some cargo weight around.

Hice un método similar pero con una manipulación de velocidad vertical con el modo ALT deshabilitado. Aplico el perfil vertical de SimBrief de 310 nudos por encima de FL100

Haven’t tried the uneven cargo distribution yet… What do you suggest in case you have for example 6000kg cargo?!

I don’t do KG I do LBS-but here’s what you do. Leave your back cargo loaded up and take some weight out of the front cargo-that should shift your CG enough to make a bit of a difference-always worked on the A321 for me.

1 Like

Thanks a lot… Will certainly try this in the future… Appreciate your participation 🙏

1 Like

Lo que yo haria me mantendria a una altura de fl300 o fl 310 ya que a esa velocidad se mantiene entre los 290 y 310 knots, porque tambien hay que sumarle los kilógramos del combustible y va a estar muy pesado.