B777 cockpit rework

The cockpit of the 777 could use a MASSIVE overhaul. It doesn’t represent its real life counterpart at this point.

What could be changed / added:

• 4K textures
  • 3D knobs and switches
  • wing flex (although it’s not cockpit related)
  • 777 custom cockpit lighting (green backlit)
  • working instruments (possibly)

source: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-France/Boeing-777-228-ER/1491305

Looking good. I would really like the 777 cockpit to get a facelift…

27 Likes

The green cockpit lighting would make it fun to fly at night.

24 Likes

Having a cockpit like the 787 has on the 777 would be so awesome 😍

18 Likes

Love this idea. I think the B777 has one of the nicest cockpits in the world. Would love to see this soon.

16 Likes

Honestly I’d rather have them work on working instruments, clouds (even just sprites), and 3d terminals instead of new aircraft after the Global update (and 777 rework pls).

16 Likes

I mean rework one thing you might as well rework everything, it saves time and room for more updates sooner, do you think we could see moving instruments like the ILS screen?
Great request

9 Likes

I think FDS should seriously consider our request. We need this.

5 Likes

When you think about it, is there point in making these cockpits highly detailed down to each button? Because the buttons don’t actually work, so is time being wasted on aesthetics in a cockpit view that isn’t typically used as the primary flight view? Just a thought to talk about.

5 Likes

The 777 family is such a popular aircraft, it could use a full rework, from physics to minute changes on the inside to the cockpit.

5 Likes

Actually I always fly in the cockpit view…

8 Likes

3D airports will not happen anytime soon. But I agree with Instruments and clouds

3 Likes

It received some physic changes when new liveries were added with the B787 update, the only thing needed is the BA B77W livery 😜 And the new cockpit

5 Likes

I would love to see this! - I personally love the 777, but feel it does need a tiny bit of work!

2 Likes

The aircraft physics were reworked with the 787 update making the aircraft feel like it has aged in the sim really well. The draw backs are evident when we compare it to the never aircraft and we can see authentically it’s just not up to the same standards we want.

3 Likes

I would take working instruments over a cockpit redesign any day.

3 Likes

Well said, with the 787 update i was hoping they would add a reworked cockpit. Sadly they only added APPR and reworked physics.

5 Likes

I think the physics rework was great. 777 is now as ridiculously powerful in IF as they are in real life, where as one of the first two engined big jets to apply for high ETOPS ratings it had to match 747/A340 three engine performance with a single engine.

The only cosmetic cockpit element that really bothers me is are the ADI’s which show a small bank all the time. Otherwise, I’d say save the changes for when FDS decides to make cockpit instruments actually operational.

9 Likes

I personally believe that there are other things that need to be reworked before the 777 cockpit. ex: CRJ, C-17, A340

5 Likes

I have to agree. Though, the 777 cockpit rework is well needed, there should be higher priorities such as: CRJ, C-17, and A340 (as you said).

5 Likes